Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So I have an Acer Aspire 5515 Notebook that needs a screen replacement, the specs for it can be found here

I have a junk Compaq Presario F700 Notebook, The specs of the screen are:

15.4-inch, WXGA display specifications
Metric U.S.
Dimensions
Height 20.7 cm 8.15 in
Width 33.1 cm 13.03 in
Diagonal 39.1 cm 15.39 in
Number of colors Up to 16.8 million
Contrast ratio 200:1 (typical)
Brightness 150 nits (typical)
Pixel resolution
Pitch 0.259 × 0.259 mm
Format 1280 × 800
Configuration RGB vertical stripe
Backlight Edge lit
Character display 80 × 25
Total power consumption 4 W
Viewing angle +/-65° horizontal, +/-50° vertical (typical)

I was wondering if I could take the screen out of the Compaq Notebook and put it into the Acer. Would there be any problems with it or would it work just fine? Thanks for the help!

Suprgamr232

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Laptop screens are usually all wound around proprietary connections and techniques (fairly high levels as well- I do not even bother trying to convert laptop screens into general screens when presented with a dead laptop)- sometimes screen models might be shared between the same line, make or even multiple models of the same era across different makes but in general you can randomly but they can equally vary across the same model in ways both somewhat irrelevant (gloss screen vs matte screen- sometimes with a brightness difference to match, resolution differences on occasion and more) and vital (different chips, backlight types, designs and what have you).

I also suggest you try searching for things other than laptop model number screen replacement as actual component serial numbers or internal repair documents can net you the same component for a cheaper price.

It seems Acer do a nice repair manual- I found a copy http://tim.id.au/laptops/acer/aspire%205515.pdf but a search should drag it up.

Also http://www.amazon.com/ASPIRE-5520-5155-LAP.../dp/B003XH5YB2/ appears to have one.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats not a junk laptop! thats the one im using!

i looked into the same thing when i got a junk laptop i pulled all the working parts and sold it on ebay. the damn 160gb hdd just died on me today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: