Gaming Need some help replacing the wifi & mic in my dslite

The_Dragons_Mast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hi my ds lite mic & wifi hasn't been working for a few months now and when I finally decided to open it and check it I found that the mic & wifi module isn't connected to the motherboard and I couldn't find the wires. It appears that when I took to fix the upper screen the guy forgot (or was too lazy) to replace both of them in their places. After failing to get him to fix it for free since that was 4 or 5 months ago I decided to fix it myself and ordered new parts. Now the parts finally arrived but I am bit scared to do it so I came here to ask a couple of questions. First is there an easy way to just replace them without having to fully disassemble the ds or if there is no easy way can someone direct me to a good guide that focus on replacing the wifi and/mic because so far all the ones I found are for fully disassembling & then reassembling & I dont want to do any unnecessary steps. Second can anyone please tell me if i can do this thing or should I just leave my ds without both. I fixed many things before including pcs,laptops,ps2s,2 psps & some mobiles but after reading comments about people ruining their ds while doing so .I am the one in my friends & family who do all the electronic fixing so there is no one i can ask to do it & I really don't want to send it for fixing and pay 20$ .Now I need someone with experience in fixing ds lites to either encourage me or discourage me from opening it.

The_Dragons_Mast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Ok thanks but I already knew about this guide I was just hoping for something more specific but I guess there isn't any specific guide so I will just use this guide. So I just need to follow the guide till step 18 then start reassembling correct? So far nothing look difficult for me except the ribbon cable part. Is there anything I should do to ensure nothing will happen to it & in case I messed up do I have to buy a new upper screen or just buy a new cable.

drewmerc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
honestly it's not that hard only thing i can say watch out for is don't lose the shoulder button springs as i lost one the first time

The_Dragons_Mast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
ok I have been busy the past few days but I am finally free and decided to do this thing just one last question before I do. Can I replace the antenna & mic without removing the metal ring and hinge ? So far I cant see any reason to do that.

EDIT: ok never mind I managed to successfully place them after 2 hours of super careful work. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL