Hacking Need some help about 3ds flashcart

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi I am planning on gettin a 3ds soon. I have some questions if someone can help me.

First as i have read I can play only ds games on 3ds with flashcart.
What flashcart should i buy and is the proccess to get the 3ds play the games hard/dangerous for 3ds? I ask cause i remember when i had a psp i used the pandora battery method by opening my battery and cutting some wires in there...

Also i believe some time soon they will hack the 3ds so it is possible to play 3ds games... U think we will need a new flashcart for that or will we be able to use the new hack on the flash cart we allready have?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi I am planning on gettin a 3ds soon. I have some questions if someone can help me.

What flashcart should i buy and is the proccess to get the 3ds play the games hard/dangerous for 3ds? I ask cause i remember when i had a psp i used the pandora battery method by opening my battery and cutting some wires in there...

Also i believe some time soon they will hack the 3ds so it is possible to play 3ds games... U think we will need a new flashcart for that or will we be able to use the new hack on the flash cart we allready have?
1. The process is as simple as keeping your flashcart updated. I recommend the Acekard 2i due to it's reliability and affordability, Wood R4-compatible cards (R4iGold.cn, R4iDSN) for the same reasons, DSTWO if you want it to do something "extra", but it's more costly. Do not over-update your 3DS - always make sure to have the compatible firmware on the flashcart before updating the console.

2. An exploit will not be released anytime soon for 3DS games, it may or may not turn out to be a flashcard - nobody knows until it's done.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

1. The process is as simple as keeping your flashcart updated. I recommend the Acekard 2i due to it's reliability and affordability, Wood R4-compatible cards (R4i Gold, R4iDSN) for the same reasons, DSTWO if you want it to do something "extra", but it's more costly. Do not over-update your 3DS - always make sure to have the compatible firmware on the flashcart before updating the console.

2. An exploit will not be released anytime soon for 3DS games, it may or may not turn out to be a flashcard - nobody knows until it's done.

Thanks for the info. So u just have to place the appropriate firmware on the flashcart with ur 3ds firmware and just insert the flashcart in 3ds and thats it? Fairly easy. And before update 3ds just make sure to get first the flashcart firmware on the flashcart that will work on the 3ds firmware u are going to update to? Did I get it right?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pretty much, although firmware updates are usually a bit more complex then just "putting stuff on the card", and I'm not talking about the loader firmware but the firmware of the actual card. ;)

As long as you follow the 3DS news, you should be in the clear. You need to pick a card who's team stays ontop of things and releases such updates, that's why Acekard seems like a good choice.

R4iGold.cn and R4iDSN are "good" and Wood-Compatible, but I'm not sure if their support will "last" so I can't fully recommend them unless you can't afford anything else, really. ;)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. So u just have to place the appropriate firmware on the flashcart with ur 3ds firmware and just insert the flashcart in 3ds and thats it? Fairly easy. And before update 3ds just make sure to get first the flashcart firmware on the flashcart that will work on the 3ds firmware u are going to update to? Did I get it right?
The firmware for most cards will be in .nds format. You would put this file on the root of the microSD card and then run them, following directions on the screen as you go. But it's still a fairly easy process.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice. Something else anyone has to suggest where can i buy an acekard 2i card for 3ds? I live in europe. also any site where i can download games?

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1