Need some advice about PRO cfw.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Geren, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Geren
    OP

Geren GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Spain
    Hello, I'm a little bit late to the party but I recently got an used psp 2000, and it was already hacked. So far it's been wonderful: I've ran many games, psx eboots, emulators, homebrew and even got DLC working without issues.

Now, the cfw that this psp came with is PROMOD B-10. Right now it seems the latest version is PRO C2 or something like that. Another thing to note it's that this psp has a free board, as it's TA-085v2 (PSPIdent informs) meaning that it can run a permanent fw.

I was reading that the PRO fw usually it's a temporal patch that disappears when the system turns off, but in my case, even if I turn the system off, the cfw it's still there. This probably means that it has a permanent patch, or that perhaps it's got something to do with this "MOD" of the pro fw.

Is there any way to find out if I have a permanent patch?
    Should I update to PRO C-2 or should I stay with this fw as everything appears to be working nicely?
    Is there any benefit of updating the cfw?

Finally, this is a silver model, but has black buttons. Is there any official combinations of colors like this or is it also a modification?

Thanks in advance!

2. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    I dug my Go out the other day. I am also on 6.20 Pro B10. I was reading that the competition for Pro has updated within the last couple of weeks. I was also curious if a newer version of Pro meant much. As it sits, I am in mostly the same boat you are. That said, I have not run into any issues with my current setup. It has run anything I have thrown at it just fine.

3. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If it does everything you want, then there's no reason to update. Pro-C offers a NoDRM engine for DLC and a shaky online mode for some games with a lot of tweaking. If those don't interest you, then don't bother. C2 has a bug that prevents PSX PSN games from running, but there's an unofficial build that fixes it over on Wololo.

4. Nachtoid

Nachtoid Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2014
    United States
    Not sure, wherever I may roam.

Are you talking about that nightly build that someone compiled?

5. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    The user might have used the nightly build's source. I'm not entirely sure. Here's the thread if you're curious http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34403