Geren

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I'm a little bit late to the party but I recently got an used psp 2000, and it was already hacked. So far it's been wonderful: I've ran many games, psx eboots, emulators, homebrew and even got DLC working without issues.

Now, the cfw that this psp came with is PROMOD B-10. Right now it seems the latest version is PRO C2 or something like that. Another thing to note it's that this psp has a free board, as it's TA-085v2 (PSPIdent informs) meaning that it can run a permanent fw.

I was reading that the PRO fw usually it's a temporal patch that disappears when the system turns off, but in my case, even if I turn the system off, the cfw it's still there. This probably means that it has a permanent patch, or that perhaps it's got something to do with this "MOD" of the pro fw.

Is there any way to find out if I have a permanent patch?
Should I update to PRO C-2 or should I stay with this fw as everything appears to be working nicely?
Is there any benefit of updating the cfw?

Finally, this is a silver model, but has black buttons. Is there any official combinations of colors like this or is it also a modification?

Thanks in advance!

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dug my Go out the other day. I am also on 6.20 Pro B10. I was reading that the competition for Pro has updated within the last couple of weeks. I was also curious if a newer version of Pro meant much. As it sits, I am in mostly the same boat you are. That said, I have not run into any issues with my current setup. It has run anything I have thrown at it just fine.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it does everything you want, then there's no reason to update. Pro-C offers a NoDRM engine for DLC and a shaky online mode for some games with a lot of tweaking. If those don't interest you, then don't bother. C2 has a bug that prevents PSX PSN games from running, but there's an unofficial build that fixes it over on Wololo.

Nachtoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it does everything you want, then there's no reason to update. Pro-C offers a NoDRM engine for DLC and a shaky online mode for some games with a lot of tweaking. If those don't interest you, then don't bother. C2 has a bug that prevents PSX PSN games from running, but there's an unofficial build that fixes it over on Wololo.

Are you talking about that nightly build that someone compiled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    mmmAbout the same here. Under cloud cover at the moment
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys probably wearing winter jackets when in 60's in Cali.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.