Gaming Need registry change monitor software.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a program that will alert you when a change to the registry is made, and maybe even tell you exactly which key is being changed.

I think Kaspersky did this, but it has been a while since I used it, and I already have a virus scanner.

Basically what I want it for is I'm trying to make a few .reg files that contain key settings I like so I don't have to set them up everytime I install Windows or something. Stuff like "use this certain icon for .ZIP files" and "this is how I want my explorer toolbar to look".

So I figure if I change it with a registry key monitor running, I can figure out which keys hold the settings, then export those keys and save them.
Then whenever I want to setup a new PC with the settings I want, I just run the reg key.

Not to complicate things, but here's another example: I use powerarchiver 2007, but I do not like the icons it uses for ZIP and RAR. So I have to install PowerArchiver, then go to window folder options > file types > .RAR or .ZIP > change icon > browse for the icon I want > done.

I'd like to be able to save that regkey and run it whenever I install PowerArchiver. I keep all my files organized the same way between PC's so the file path would be the same, so that isn't an issue.

Also, sometimes Windows "forgets" my toolbar settings, and I have to set it up all over again.
I used to have the .reg file for that, but it stopped working after I installed SP2.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Process Monitor right now (the successor to Regmon) and it works pretty well once you get the filters set up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-