Homebrew need pokemon black 2 save files.

hailcrest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So my brother bumped into me just as I was loading my Black 2 game on my EDGE, and the entire thing just froze. I then put the microSD into the computer to see how damaged it was; the microSD wasn't damaged to the point that it required reformatting, but there were some seriously wrong bits about the data inside (see attached image: my microSD is only 2GB so I don't see how there can be two 4GB files in there).

Evidently some files were "merged" and became corrupted this way, but I copied everything out and it turns out there's a 1.6GB giant file that contains both the pokemon black 2 ROM and my save file, somewhere in there. I've already located the ROM, but I'm having trouble locating the save file within the giant file.

So long story short, I want to recover my save file using a hex editor but I need valid save files to compare to first. I can re-launch black 2 and get a blank, all-new save file, but that's only one save file to compare. Preferably, the save files should be clean (un-sav'd).

But if anyone out there can think of a better solution (a miracle program that can fix this and separate the files and everything?), I'm all ears. I really want to get my save file back; lots of things that I got lucky with (water absorb lapras, caught a wild metagross, etc) that I really really don't want to lose.

Attachments

• edge corrupt.png
    edge corrupt.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 435

hailcrest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I compared it to my Pokemon Black 1 save file and apparently it's quite odd: the save file starts with the names of the PC boxes. Anyway, I've recovered my save file already.

close this thread please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2