Hacking need pointing in the right direction

Bamstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys need a little help and pointing in the right direction.
My son decided he wanted to play on his 3ds yesterday and he has an r4 card for it last time he used all worked fine hower that was years ago i have been looking at what to do with his 3ds as CRWs was a dream when he last turned it on.

The r4 card we have is a wifi R4i 3DS www.r4i-sdhc.com i have been to the site and got the latest stuf for it however when i come to load it, it shows the chessmaster icon but when you load it you just get the message "An error has occurred. press and hold power button to turn system off"

Im not to sure what firmware the 3DS is on but in the settings it says Ver. 2.2.0-0E

Any help and advise on what to do with system would be great thanx

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys need a little help and pointing in the right direction.
My son decided he wanted to play on his 3ds yesterday and he has an r4 card for it last time he used all worked fine hower that was years ago i have been looking at what to do with his 3ds as CRWs was a dream when he last turned it on.

The r4 card we have is a wifi R4i 3DS www.r4i-sdhc.com i have been to the site and got the latest stuf for it however when i come to load it, it shows the chessmaster icon but when you load it you just get the message "An error has occurred. press and hold power button to turn system off"

Im not to sure what firmware the 3DS is on but in the settings it says Ver. 2.2.0-0E

Any help and advise on what to do with system would be great thanx
Use Plailect's guide and install a9lh onto it.

Since you're on 2.2.0 though, you can use a game called cubic ninja to extract your otp. Then you can easily install A9LH and update to 11.0.

www.github.com/plailect/wiki

Follow that guide STEP BY STEP and you should have a fully working CFW 3ds!

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

Bamstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx for reply how do i find out what system i have i no its an "old 3ds" also that link doesnt work, hummm looks like id have to do a cart update witch will be hard as all his games have 2.0 on em lol

Last edited by Bamstar,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
With the recent update to the guide, it's probably not worth seeking out a Cubic Ninja just for the purposes of making it easier to install a9lh (it's pretty short now already). @Bamstar, if you read Part 1 it will tell you what you need to do: buy a cartridge that updates to 4.X then use Decrypt9 MSET. You already have a DS flashcart so you don't even need to buy one of those. If you look through here: http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range this will tell you what games have a 4.x update.

Edit: although you'll need to get your DS flashcart working. There's a thread that's called "Ask for your firmware files here!" or something like that where you can find the right files for your flashcart. I can't remember the exact title and I can't seem to get it to come up in Google. Hopefully someone will link it for you.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Bamstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great thanx a lot for ya help I'll see if I can find the thread if not I'll just go get a second hand game with 4.x

Thanx again

Bamstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great thanx a lot for ya help I'll see if I can find the thread if not I'll just go get a second hand game with 4.x

Thanx again
This is getting a pain the r4i card works on the old ds lite but not the 3ds (anyone wanna buy a 3ds lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online over nps is the only reason you'd want wifi
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ps3 really has no titles worth going online over nps is the only reason you'd want wifi