Hacking Need help with softmodding my Wii

neonfire999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I was following this tutorial here because I have system menu 4.1U and I got to step 7 and then it said something about an http error while it was downloading the IOS or something. I'm not completely sure on the details.
Anyway, so I figured I'd just start over from the beginning so I deleted the Homebrew channel. Then I started again and when I booted the installer from the SD, it came up with the diagnostics to see if everything could be installed.
At this part it said that the Homebrew channel and DVDx could be installed but BootMii could not because of an error which said "boot2 could not be assembled (-1040000004)".
So I went on, figuring it was because it was already installed because it was installed on boot2 (and it had said this before, after I installed it), and installed the Homebrew channel again. This time i only got to step 6 and it failed with an error.
So then I thought I should start with a clean slate and uninstall everything I had put on. So I uninstalled the Homebrew channel again and then formatted my SD card thinking that that might fix the "boot2 could not be assembled (-1040000004)" problem.
So I unzipped the files again onto my SD card and then booted into the installer again and the same error came up with BootMii ("boot2 could not be assembled (-1040000004)". I then went into the installer and installed the Homebrew channel. Then when I went into the BootMii install thing and all it said was "Prepare SD card" and "Exit" and no option to re-install it or anything. I tried the "Prepare SD card" option and that didn't do anything to help or hinder me.
I figure now, the better tutorial would have probably been this one because it was a sticky, but I've already started the other one and am kind of stuck.
If anyone could help me find out what's wrong so I could start fresh and do the other tutorial, that would be awesome. Thanks.

neonfire999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
darkbillie said:
you should have posted this in that thread...thats what it is for
Well I can't post in the thread of the tutorial that I was doing it in because that thread is closed and the other one isn't the tutorial I was doing so it doesn't really apply to my situation but I guess I'll just post it in there anyways to see if anyone has any idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.