Hacking Need help with R4DS for Nintendo DS Lite

oybayz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently purchased a r4DS for my nintendo ds lite.

When i put the 2GB micro SD with games on it, it worked perfectly.
Then a few days ago i went to play a game and it worked as it usually would. I selected the 2 little faces for the games menu but i was greeted by a black screen up the top and a blank wallpaper down the bottom with no options.

If anybody knows what is wrong and how i can fix the problem please help me. I don't think it is the SD card or the r4 card as they are basically brand new.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You said "The two little faces?" Sounds like the games icon for the default firmware and skin.
My guess is you're using the old R4DS 1.18 firmware, which is bad.

You should install the replacement firmware called Wood R4 right away, it is much better.

http://filetrip.net/f22634-Wood-R4-1-16.html

Not only will more games be playable, but the interface will be much better.

Chubbs_WA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oybayz said:
Hi all,

Then a few days ago i went to play a game and it worked as it usually would. I selected the 2 little faces for the games menu but i was greeted by a black screen up the top and a blank wallpaper down the bottom with no options.

If anybody knows what is wrong and how i can fix the problem please help me. I don't think it is the SD card or the r4 card as they are basically brand new.

It's possible you have a corrupted theme menu. If you haven't played it since November 1st and you haven't changed the auto-month theme change.. it's possible the November theme is missing or corrupted. And depending if you have an Original R4 Cart.. you should also try WoodR4 1.16 as your system.

Chad

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chubbs_WA said:
oybayz said:
Hi all,

It's possible you have a corrupted theme menu. If you haven't played it since November 1st and you haven't changed the auto-month theme change.. it's possible the November theme is missing or corrupted. And depending if you have an Original R4 Cart.. you should also try WoodR4 1.16 as your system.

Chad

Fixed. I'm sorry, but that was just annoying.

oybayz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
You said "The two little faces?" Sounds like the games icon for the default firmware and skin.
My guess is you're using the old R4DS 1.18 firmware, which is bad.

You should install the replacement firmware called Wood R4 right away, it is much better.

http://filetrip.net/f22634-Wood-R4-1-16.html

Not only will more games be playable, but the interface will be much better.

I just downloaded that firmware, what do i do now??

oybayz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where is the _rpg folder? I have not seen one of this as far as i am aware.

As i said it used to work but just didn't work one time.

oybayz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It isn't working because when i download it a folder isn't but a file that can not be opened is downloaded. I assume this is not supposed to happen.

Does anyone know another way to fix the problem? I think this way would work but i can't download it correctly so there isn't much i can do.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

oybayz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sephxus said:
Step One: Download this file (Note: This is a 7z file) http://filetrip.net/f22634-Wood-R4-1-16.html
Step Two: Go to this site http://www.7-zip.org/download.html to download 7z
Step Three: Install 7z
Step Four: Open 22634-Wood R4 v1.16.7z
Step Five: Open folder Wood R4 v1.16
Step Six: Follow the guide (link above)

Edit: *Provided steps*

Mate, you are an absolute legend.
grog.gif

Works perfectly now, even better than it did before. Thanks for all your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)