Hacking need help with pokemon black

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I have an r4i sdhc deluxe (I know its a clone). it works and I have been trying to get pokemon black with the english patch to work on it. I did a lot of research and got some info. I now have ysmenu.nds on it but whenever I try to load something it says UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE. this is about as far as i've gotten, I need help. either tell me an easy way to get pokemon black working, or how to fix the error message in ysmenu. Thank you, and hurry please, I need this working by the 24th of december.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stupid question, but can you run other games without a problem?
Chances are, that your card has a problem with the rom.

You will need the childsplay patch for B/W, and after that, apply the latest translation patch. i use the v1.4 and it plays on my card. i can save, i can load, i can battle, i gain xp, but sometimes it randomly corrupts the save.

my point here is, trying to get it to work is going to take a prayer and then some.

There are sooooo many different versions out there (exp gain patch, prepatched untranslated roms, translated unpatched roms etc).

i also send you a pm for a suggestion about something else you may try.

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually assumed it was the fact that it was pokemon black with the anti piracy thing, and I hadn't checked to see if anything ran on there. nothing does, at least out of the things i tried. I tried mario kart, pokemon black, and pokemon diamond. the only thing that happened is when mario kart started it made a rev sound and mario said "here we go". otherwise all that happened was a blank white screen. any suggestions on what i might be able to do?

*edit
I just tried updating the firmware from 1.27 to 1.30 and still nothing changed. My problem now is the white screen, after I have other games working if pokemon black still doesnt work then ill keep looking in to it. I'm still in a hurry, I need pokemon black working by tomorrow pacific time.

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by "with updated .dat files" do you mean I have to update them, or the zip you posted has the updated .dat files in it?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lemonzap said:
Thank you, and hurry please, I need this working by the 24th of december.

This is why your thread is not going to be closed like the 400 Pokemon B/W threads that came before it.

Good luck.

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
400 Pokemon B/W threads that came before it.

Good luck.

I did research before i posted, I couldnt find anything that worked for me in any other threads that I looked at.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
it has the updated .dat files in them. Just extract and copy the TTMenu folder and ysmenu.nds from the R4_CLONE folder onto your micro sd and see if that works

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i tried that the background of ysmenu changed and it stopped saying unknown dldi type but instead said UNSUPPORTED DLDI NAME.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
the .bak is the backup of the rom in case you need it.
and the .nds file is patched once you drag it into Patch.exe
so copy the .nds file to your micro sd when its patched and load it using your original firmware since ysmenu doesn't work

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one last shot, you got nothing to loose.
Put AKAIO 1.8.1 on your card. I couldn't get shit to work on my r4 clone untill i put akaio on there, and now EVERYTHING works 100%. Maybe it will solve your problems too.

also, the DLDI thing.... What is giving you the error message? Is it ysmenu? Havc you tried DLDI patching it using the corresponding DLDI?

please, do give the AKAIO software a shot. It runs on a lot of cards i heard, and i was supprised it ran flawlessly on my r4clone

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither thing worked, when i start anything off of the original firmware it goes to a white screen. when i start anything from ysmenu it says a message about unknown or unsupported dldi

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, you are not supposed to launch the AKAIO firmware using another firmware.
What i meant is give the AKAIO a shot as your main firmware. i.e format the card, and place the akaio files in the root of your flashcard. If the firmware starts (boots into the AKAIO when you select the AK in the DS menu) then you should be able to launch any rom you want to, without having to use any other menu or launchers.

format card
place the AKAIO firmware in there (the __aio folder and the *.nds go in the root)
see if it starts, if it does, just try launching your rom using the AKAIO firmware.
seriously, screw ySmenu, it may work good on the original R4, but you own a clone. No wonder you can't get stuff to run without a problem. Again, i may suggest trying AKAIO as your firmware of choice.

godspeed.
i am only advocating this way because this was the only way i could get anything to run.

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry if i was confusing, but thats what i did. It wouldnt load AKAIO. I did format and replace the firmware. also this card has worked before, I just lost the micro sd card for it. and this time around im having alot of trouble getting it working. pokemon black is mainly what i want to use it for but I should probably get other games working on it before I can accurately troubleshoot pokemon black. for now I need to solve the problem that whenever I start something it goes to a white screen.

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what time it is for you guys but i still have a little time and i still need help getting any games to work on my r4 clone. I have already done a lot of searching and so far have not been able to find anything that works, and I know my card works because it has before. I just lost my micro sd card with all of my firmware. please help! Thank you

*edit
i tried a fourth game(advance wars dual strike and this time it went to the white screen then went to a black screen. it still didnt work:(

*edit2
i tried a 5th game(contra 4) only one that has worked so far

lemonzap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suddenly every game started working
yaynds.gif
except for pokemon black
hate2.gif
it may be the 24th but its better late than never so please help me figure this out. Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1