Need help with lost emuNAND partition

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by snk2, Dec 5, 2015.

1. snk2
    OP

snk2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2005
    Romania
    Hello guys, i need help cause i think i messed up.
    I have a New 3DS with 9.0E fw on it.I followed this tutorial to set up CFW:http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/ . I managed to create emuNAND, installed rxTools, then i unlinked sysNAND and emuNAND. Now after this i was looking at some info on updating the emuNAND, so before going further i made a backup with emuNAND Tool, and i also copied the content of the SD card to my PC.
    Here's where the trouble started. I noticed that when i plugged in my SD card in my PC, Windows would warn me about the card needing to be fixed and scanned, so i thought i should format the card then copy back the contents on it. I used SDFormatter to do this, but by doing so it erased the emuNAND partition.
    So now i need to create the emuNAND partition again, i thought ok, i go through the steps again, but the problem is every time i try to install the FBI and the Cubic Ninja cia's (cause that's what i used to get to load the Gateway menu where i created emuNAND), they install but don't show up in the main menu (well, the icons appear for a split-second but then they disappear). And now i can't even get rxTools to start from the Homebrew Launcher.
    Is there any way to fix this or am i screwed? Maybe some pc Tool that would let me re-create the emuNAND partition so i can inject back my emuNAND Tool backup?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    They show up and then disappear because you are in clean sysnand mode so they don't actually work.
    I think if you restarted a few times they'd eventually stay there, but it would prompt you to re-download them from the eShop.
    What happens when you attempt to start rxTools and it doesn't work?

@VerseHell: They can't do much with their emunand if they can't start up rxTools? :P

By the way, you could try starting up your browser and going to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ (if you have a browser, also I'm not sure if the GW Web exploit works on N3DS, worth a try though.)

4. snk2
    OP

snk2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2005
    Romania
    Thanks man, this tool is exactly what i needed, i recovered my emuNAND partition successfully!

Now that i recovered my emuNAND partition, rxTools seems to work, BUT i can't get into the rxTools menu by holding the R button while booting it from the HBL, also the rxTool picture on the top screen doesn't show up (this has happened with Cakes too a couple of times, the menu wouldn't show up on the top screen even thought the program was running, cause if i pressed button A it would load the Cakes FW.)

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    It's L button to access rxTools menu, by the way ;p

6. snk2
    OP

snk2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2005
    Romania
    Yes, you are right, i was going by an older version guide which had the R button, HOWEVER i still don't see the menu even when holding the L button. It loads into the menu i guess but basically i have no image on either screens.Should i try to change the rxTools version? (i'm using the 11-19 nightly version btw).

7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I like the 9/28 nightly, people have recommended me it as being the stablest nightly and it's worked fine for everything I've wanted to do so far.
    (I've heard of the 10/02 nightly too or something but 9/28 is great for me.)

8. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Use the on from 11-24 or above, it fixes ninjhax 2.5 support. (replace the 3dsx and sdmh files)

9. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I can start up 9/28 just fine through ninjhax 2.5, by running the code.bin using CTRBootManager.
    That being said if the 11/24 nightly is more stable, might as well try it.

10. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Yes, but if you start it directly from the HBL the menu won't show up.

11. snk2
    OP

snk2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2005
    Romania
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, i updated rxTools to the latest nightly and set up CTRBootmanager to autoboot it, it works and now i can see the menu when holding the L button!

12. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    What's the difference between starting it from HBL and running it with CTRBootManager?