Lovepreet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to the guide:

SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only)" has been renamed to "Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)"
As for "Force A9LH detection" I am not sure, but it's not important. The option is only useful if you launch Luma from HBL, something you will probably never do.

The luma folder is no longer included as it's created automatically when the configuration is saved the first time (it was just a folder with an empty "payloads" folder inside it)
I don't think you need any of those folders.

Okay thank you for all the information, i decided to backtrack to section 1. So after i copy arm9loeader I don't need to copy any of the other folders or files from Luma 3DS, thats it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay thank you for all the information, i decided to backtrack to section 1. So after i copy arm9loeader I don't need to copy any of the other folders or files from Luma 3DS, thats it?
I always copy the 3ds folder and the dat file just to be safe but I think they're only needed when launching from other entrypoints than A9LH.

Lovepreet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always copy the 3ds folder and the dat file just to be safe but I think they're only needed when launching from other entrypoints than A9LH.

I completed Section III - Configuring Luma3DS and checked off the 4 options and then rebooted to a black screen as directed.

But now, my 2DS fails to boot properly. If i boot it normally it just shows a black screen. If I boot it with the SD card out, the blue power sign turns of then fades and turns off.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completed Section III - Configuring Luma3DS and checked off the 4 options and then rebooted to a black screen as directed.

But now, my 2DS fails to boot properly. If i boot it normally it just shows a black screen. If I boot it with the SD card out, the blue power sign turns of then fades and turns off.
Just continue on with the guide. It's normal that you can't boot normally yet. You fix that in Section IV. Just make sure that you do have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card though.

Lovepreet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Press Start then the Power button. Make sure that you do have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card.

Wow I'm borderline retarded. That's what the instructions say but for some reason my mind thought it meant power then start.

Thank you so much it loaded up Hourglass9!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I'm borderline retarded. That's what the instructions say but for some reason my mind thought it meant power then start.

Thank you so much it loaded up Hourglass9!
The same also goes for any of the payloads you download for Luma. You press the button you want then the Power button. Also, there was a new version of Luma released today. Make sure to download it and make your current one up to date.

Reactions: Lovepreet

Lovepreet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The same also goes for any of the payloads you download for Luma. You press the button you want then the Power button. Also, there was a new version of Luma released today. Make sure to download it and make your current one up to date.

Thank you.

I just finished all the instructions and I think everything is working perfectly.

Now, how do I start playing games and what do I do? Lol

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

I just finished all the instructions and I think everything is working perfectly.

Now, how do I start playing games and what do I do? Lol
I'm assuimg you mean CIAs? You can download them from that iso site (you will have to Google search that), you can download the CIAs for freeShop (you will also need to download the encTitleKeys.bin-Updater and install that) or CIAngel. For freeShop, install and open the encTitleKeys.bin-Updater first then the app will auto boot you into freeShop. I'd open the encTitleKeys.bin-Updater app every so often to keep that file up to date as that's where freeShop gets its games from.

Lovepreet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm assuimg you mean CIAs? You can download them from that iso site (you will have to Google search that), you can download the CIAs for freeShop (you will also need to download the encTitleKeys.bin-Updater and install that) or CIAngel. For freeShop, install and open the encTitleKeys.bin-Updater first then the app will auto boot you into freeShop. I'd open the encTitleKeys.bin-Updater app every so often to keep that file up to date as that's where freeShop gets its games from.

DO i put Freeshop and CIAs i want to play on the root of my SD card?

nerdyman

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I have the exact same problem namely "An old unsupported FIRM has been detected. Copy firmware.bin in /luma to boot." I tried downloading the firmware and putting it in /luma but all I'm getting is a black screen, I'm stuck on section III and can't proceed, holding onto start before, during and after powering on does nothing, I have the files at the right place as per section I of the guide, I can however still boot into luma just not anything else, am I bricked?

Last edited by nerdyman,

olec04

Working on Project Heaven!
Banned
Trophies
Trying to downgrade on 11.0 via AM services
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...-downgraded-from-the-gateway-menu-in-the-past

I get a black screen on boot with an Old 3DS which has been downgraded from the Gateway menu in the past

If your Old 3DS/Old 3DS XL has been downgraded to 4.5 from the Gateway menu in the past, your CTRNAND has leftovers from one or more previous FIRMs, and this causes issues with the CTRNAND code. This is not an issue with Luma itself, but rather with the GW downgrade process which doesn't do any cleanup and leaves CTRNAND in a messy state. Thankfully there's a method for cleaning your CTRNAND (at least the parts required by Luma3DS to operate normally):

1. Get the NTR FIRMs package from and the NAND FIRMs package from
  2. Copy the O3DS firmware.bin file from the NTR FIRMs package to the luma folder

I found a firmware.bin on the troubleshooting section. Is this the right firmware.bin? The 03DS firmware?
remove the links as they host copyrighted content

Rilmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I've done almost the entire tutorial and it's gone perfectly, however I think the updates not being reflected has made FBI not replace the H&S app. I'm on part 5, section VI, number 9. Everything else is correct but no FBI there. How do I fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan