Hacking Need help with GC backup launcher v.2

Master_SL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to run the PAL version of super smash bros melee.
Whenever I run the backuploader from the HBC, I get a black and white screen that scrolls.

When I load it the wii menu, the black and white scrolling disappears, but then the game has only audio and no video.

Could someone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong?
I did use the search function but most of the results offer solutions concerning wii back up launcher, or make a mention of the black and white screen when using the AR.

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you're trying to run a PAL game on an NTSC Wii / TV - NTSC being American and PAL being European. You can try inserting an NTSC GC game first, load GC backup launcher, eject NTSC GC game, insert PAL GC game, and then try either the Auto-detect feature or the PAL feature (might as well give the NTSC [Y] a try). - That's the little (if even correct) information I know about the scrolling screen.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the hearing sound and no video thing was a problem with Starfall. If you have anything besides the loader that is effecting Gamecube games, try turning them off. Also, playing an NTSC copy might help. Odds are you have an NTSC tv, and not very many NTSC tvs support PAL video. That might be another thing causing a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches