LordAsrail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I signed myself up, because I have a really nasty problem. (In my opinion)

I'm sure you can guess what game I'm talking about already :P

So..the problem is: I used a cheat code a a certain event triggered fight, that let me capture one of the

bosses'' (the two hellhounds).
After the fight an event should trigger (this woman talking to you and then being at the unlit campfire)
But after the fight nothing happened. I didn't save or made a savestate before the battle.
And I don't want to play from the beginning to that point again. Someone could help?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hum... That's what you get for cheating. x'D

I believe you need to me more specific though, which code did you use exactly, and where did you use it, what flashcart, etc.

LordAsrail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's right I guess xD

I'm using the desmume 0.9.8
I used the codes on the two hellhounds at the Ice-Part of the Island, where they wanted to attack the blonde woman.
This is the action replay code I used for being able to capture bosses:

521E4348 159F0008
121E434C 00001001
D0000000 00000000

And this is the code I used for a 100% scout rate:

521E2674 E3500064
121E267A 0000E3A0
D0000000 00000000

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume you saved normally (as in not a savestate) and then reloaded the game.

Resetting rates, reducing the amount of something you have and more besides is annoying but usually able to be set right. More subtle things like this, especially if we do not have a bunch of savestates and saves to compare, gets to be harder. It might be possible to fix it "properly" but such efforts are usually reserved for getting a cheat working in the first place.

Before you write it all off though does this encounter do anything simple in the game? For instance if it gives you a simple item that unlocks the next event then perhaps we can instead make a cheat that gives you that item.

The cheat itself. The line starting with 5 is an "is this equal to" cheat, the line starting with 1 is the write (in this case a simple 16 bit write to 021E???? for the cheats in question) and the final line is just a terminator for the equal to part. Not sure what is there in memory and I have not got this machine set up for analysing DS roms yet, it could be a the binary, it could be an overlay or it could be a value somewhere that controls things.

Best of luck.

LordAsrail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That could work..I need a torch or a lighter to lighten up the campfire in order to get the giant monster to break down the ice wall. XD
But they're not normal items,if the lighter is needed, it's no use because the woman has it.
If I need the torch, maybe. It's an item I get directly into my hand, not inventory, and it disappears when I get attacked.
But normally I can only get them AFTER the event with the woman...

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i've played that game and by god i dont remember there being hellhounds... how long ago must that have been?

anyways the faq sais after the battle, you're meant to get a torch from a bonfire.

you'd need a code to change a flag that either undoes the hellhound battle so you can do it again and hopefully trigger the event this time, one that changes the 'got a torch' flag or something that gets you around the whole thing.

flag codes are probably hard and there doesnt seem to be a save editor like for DQ6 (which has a wonderful editor that can do and undo pretty much everything ingame).
if everything else fails, maybe a walk through walls code might get you through whatever barrier is in your way.

LordAsrail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's at the first part of the ice island part. The hellhounds attacked the unfriendly woman.
It would be awesome to unflag the hellhound event...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: damn @SylverReZ , when the last time you seen and felt grass? +1