Hacking Need help with browserhax and downgrading.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok looks like I got homebrew back!

So now what? install menuhax like in this guide?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)

It said to "reinstall menuhax from browserhax and homebrewlauncher." I don't see anything called "browserhax" in my HBL. Can I just install menuhax with just HBL? and if so why is this necessary? is this somehow related for making a shortcut when booting HBL?
Yes, just use OoT as an alternative to browserhax to get menuhax installed.

You don't _need_ menuhax, but it's a lot faster/more convenient than OoT, and is probably more compatible with some stuff in the guide (Not entirely sure about that, it might not even matter)

I'd do it to be safe, but I personally think it wouldn't hurt to use OoT every time you needed to get into HBL, because the guide has you install a way better entrypoint than any of those alternatives: (Arm 9 Loader Hax [A9LH])

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok thank you. I got the shortcut to work. Should I finish with the guide or not worry about it considering my 3DS already says it's 9.2+?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you. I got the shortcut to work. Should I finish with the guide or not worry about it considering my 3DS already says it's 9.2+?
You might want to run the Downgrade_Check I linked earlier in this thread and post the log to determine if you have to re-downgrade to 9.2 again, but otherwise if you can continue to set up emunand without issues (there's no risk, only frustration if something were incompatible) and follow the guide like usual

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might want to run the Downgrade_Check I linked earlier in this thread and post the log to determine if you have to re-downgrade to 9.2 again, but otherwise if you can continue to set up emunand without issues (there's no risk, only frustration if something were incompatible) and follow the guide like usual

I'll finish the guide and then give it a check.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll finish the guide and then give it a check. Sorry but can you link me it again?
Sure, here's downgrade_check: https://github.com/svanheulen/downgrade_check/releases

Merge the extracted /3ds/ folder with the one on your root and run the program from the Homebrew Menu. It should eventually export a .log/.txt somewhere on your card (it was either to your root or within the SD:/3ds/downgrade_check/ folder itself, I can't remember)

But if you are able to finish the guide, there isn't really a need for this. Good luck!

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks!

So now I should be fully downgraded. There's some other things i'd like to talk about but I don't think i'd be allowed to ask/discuss it here. Are you still on the general thread on /vg/? I was wondering if we could meet in there to talk a little bit more now.

Not sure if you're allowed to link 4chan but if you have the thread linking it to me would be nice otherwise I can just find it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...