Gaming Need help with a save file for MH3U

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I want to stream MH3U on Twitch but because Citra emulation is ATROCIOUS for 3U, I want to try the WiiU which seems to be working fine. Issue is, I don't own a WiiU, so I can't convert my save with the special utility. Can someone do the conversion for me from 3DS to WiiU then dump the save on the WiiU side so I can use it with CEMU? I can't do it myself because you need both a 3DS and a WiiU and one copy of the game on each, but I don't want to spend 100+ hours farming for charms on a NG just to get to where I am on the 3DS.

Another option, but one I'd like to avoid, is to use a save editor on the WiiU NG. Issue is that I have no idea what save format the WiiU uses for the game, so it's likely the save editor I have is only for 3DS version. Can someone verify what format the saves are stored in on the WiiU? 3DS saves them as "user1"/"user2"/"user3" without a specified file extension and that's what the save editor uses.

PS: Not familiar with the WiiU section so if this belongs in another subforum just move it.

EDIT: It appears that the saves ARE identical format, but they aren't interchangeable, so SOME addresses in the save are different. If someone knows which ones so I can manually convert the save with a hex editor, it would also be great!

Last edited by ThoD,

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually Citra doesn't emulate it badly at all. Outside of FMVs being slow, the game works fine, but the internal framepacing is bad, so you need to limit the framerate with a cheat code.

For 30 FPS:

086261C0 41F00000

There is a code for 60 FPS but I don't recommend it, it messes up with game logic and timings for some weapons. There is also a patch that fixes the charm bug and other things. It's worth looking into.

Last edited by Red_Slash,

AryaOzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually Citra doesn't emulate it badly at all. Outside of FMVs being slow, the game works fine, but the internal framepacing is bad, so you need to limit the framerate with a cheat code.

For 30 FPS:

There is a code for 60 FPS but I don't recommend it, it messes up with game logic and timings for some weapons. There is also a patch that fixes the charm bug and other things. It's worth looking into.
Do you know the location of this charm patch? I’ve been looking everywhere for one and have never found such a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?