Need help. Win10 Pro, keyboard lag for a long time after login

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by DiscostewSM, Jun 21, 2016.

1. DiscostewSM
    OP

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    This is something that I've been researching, but have yet to find an answer. Basically, after I log into Win10, my computer decides to go on a lag spree with my keyboard, where I could type something, but each character I type takes upwards of 6-7 seconds before the system registers each key press. I could type a small sentence in a couple of seconds, and it will go one character at a time for the next couple of minutes before it is fully printed. This continues for a good 6 or so minutes after login, but then the issue magically clears up afterwards. It doesn't happen prior to login in, as I can type my Win10 password just fine, or if I'm doing BIOS stuff. It's right after that when the issue happens.

Any ideas on what's causing it, or how to identify where the issue could be?

2. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Snippp

Misread question...

Maybe check your startup programs to see if there is one that takes ages to start that could be causing lag

Last edited by KingBlank, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    What do you have that launches on startup?

4. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Glary Utilities is good for finding slow startup programs, I'm sure there are other alternatives but it works for me.

Ricken likes this.
  5. DiscostewSM
    OP

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Thanks all. It was something involving what was being started up. Disabled everything, restarted, then enabled what I felt was needed, so whatever is causing the issue is one that is disabled.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.