Need help! Wii 43e W/O HBC (Wrong region! No Smash stack =/)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wolven9, Oct 27, 2010.

1. wolven9
    OP

Member wolven9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I accidentally changed my region to (E) when i was downgrading my firmware a few months ago so i tried to reset it by upgrading the firmware to the latest (At the time i didnt know 4.3 was out) and now im stuck =/ Since my SSBB is (U) I cant use Smash stack. Its been like this for a while and ive been researching the whole time. I cant seem to find anything anywhere that might help. If anyone has any advice please input =0

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    do u have bootmii @ boot2?

3. wolven9
    OP

United States
    Didnt u have to set that up before? Cuz i never really figured that all out. I think i did back something up using bootmii though lol Sorry but im a bit of a noob cuz i dont really have a lot of time to spend on stuff like this

4. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how about a game with an exploit for the region you set like indiana jones.

5. wolven9
    OP

United States
    I don't have any (E) region games =0 There all (U) because that's the original region of my wii until i stupidly change the region when downgrading. I was just wondering if there is any method to either change the region or install the HBC WITHOUT using SSBB or Indian Jones lol. And since its the wrong region i cant even see it on my TV xD Its all messed up lol

6. codiak

Newcomer codiak Advanced Member

United States
    or Yu-Gi-OWNED

7. wolven9
    OP

United States
    Lol nope =/ It sounds like im out of luck

8. XFlak

Canada
    a PAL copy of lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh 5 d's would allow him to reinstall the HBC. But he's from the states, so he's gonna have trouble getting his hands on one of those (probably cost a lot to have one shipped over too).

If the wii still has bootmii @ boot2 installed, it can install the HBC using the hackmii mini installer without requiring one of those games.

If the wii is old enough to install bootmii @ boot2, you can install bootmii @ boot2 using infectus (by emailing deadlyfoez@yahoo.com). If you can't find a PAL copy of lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh 5 d's for under $50, you can get it done cheaper by sending it to DeadlyFoez (assuming the wii is old enough to have bootmii @ boot2 installed). I've seen DeadlyFoez take apart a Wii and flash bootmii to the boot2 of a nand using infectus... he did an amazing job and while usually the infectus method is used to fix bricks, it could also be used in place of an exploit for older wii's. I only say that because it seems weird recommending u take apart your Wii to install the HBC... but it may be cheaper to do than getting a PAL copy of those games. Normally i would say its not worth the risk of opening up your wii in order to simply softmod it... but I KNOW DeadlyFoez would be able to get it working successfuly.

9. wolven9
    OP

United States
    Hmmm so how would i find out if the wii has had bootmii @ bootmii2 installed? =]

10. XFlak

Canada
    download ModMii, and use it to download boot files and build config files in order to boot bootmii. Then copy the "bootmii" folder to your SD card and put it in the Wii and turn it on. If u have bootmii @ boot2, it will launch bootmii right away.

Another easier way to check is to count how many time the disc light flashes when you power on the Wii, I'm pretty sure if it flashes twice it means u have bootmii installed as boot2.

edit: assuming u don't have boomii @ boot2 currently installed, in order to determine if you can use an infectus to manually install bootmii @ boot2, we would need to know how old your Wii is (either purchase date or serial number should be helpful)

11. wolven9
    OP

United States
    Ok thank you very much for the advice =D When i get some free time i"ll check all of that out. Although i cant really see it on my Tv lol

12. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Do you have any forwarder channels installed?

-Erik

13. wolven9
    OP

United States
    Nope i have no clue what those are lol

14. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Your best option now is to buy a modchip.

15. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    you can use the mariokartpwns trick to do it, but you need a modchip to boot the burned game.
    theres also the disc-swap trick, that requires taking your dvd drive apart or a wode/flatmii.
    and as others have said, import a copy of a game with an exploit.

any way you look at it, you have to buy something. and the first 2 choices are possible without buying an import game, but require you either buy a game or obtain it illegally.

16. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Did you install any channels for emulators? Or a usb loader?

-Erik

17. wolven9
    OP

United States
    Nope i didnt =/ I just used the homebrew channel to load all my emulators and such

18. XFlak

Canada
    if i were u, i would find out how much it is to import a PAL version of lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh 5 D's. And if it is more than 50 bucks I would send my Wii to deadlyfoez@yahoo.com to fix (assuming u have an old wii with a vulnerable boot 1 or a new wii+nand backup)

u could go with a modchip instead... up to you, but I'm pretty certain that will be the most invasive solution and probably the most expensive

19. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada