Hardware Need help w/ buttons on my PSP

JoshuaEpling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've watched videos on youtube help me clean my psp and have concluded that possibly the touch pad for the square & etc buttons is shorted. but why on the square? shouldn't a short effect all button related. all other buttons work. any ideas? i really wanna fix this & need some help. just another thought, is it possible for the bottom of the button to sit just lower than normal and just enough to make contact & the psp act if the button is pressed or the bottom is getting weak & caving under the weight of the physical button. just some thoughts, let know what u guys think. thanks.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sorry I can't help you solve your problem thoroughly, but I was just thinking that you can eliminate the possibility of a button being stuck with just entering a game and seeing if the PSP is automatically pressing the square button.

E* Just noticed you posted this on your first thread. "Well, what do I do now? I cleaned the contact and the is still messed up? Every time I try to input text, it backspaces. Any ideas?"
This seems to indicate that your button is simply stuck just enough to make contact, I believe you can use alcohol+q-tip to get rid of the sticky bottom. (No, not normal alcohol, but one that's made for electronics - I forgot what it's called) Maybe someone else could fill you up on this one since I've never had to use it.

JoshuaEpling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it happens in game as well. sometimes it'll stop a very brief moment start again. it's either stuck or the physical button is wearing, or possibly shorting out. i'm thinking of removing the buttons & turning it on. if it stops, it's the physical button. not the touchpad underneath.

i tried rubbing alcohol, i didnt know there was a alcohol cleaner, specifically for electronics. if i knew what it was, i'd try it.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Rubbing alcohol is the one I meant to be used on electronics.
Insides of the PSP aren't really my forte so that's the best advice I can give you. Best if you'll just wait for someone who's got more info on this, sorry. =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30