Hacking Need Help Unbricking a Wii With an Autoboot Disk

DavidPerna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello overyone. I need help with my wii that is bricked. I received this wii and it was already bricked so i have no past knowledge of how this happened. After reading a lot of forums, I have made it this far:
1. I made a savemiifrii with the gamecube controller
2. I got into the Rescue menu with the savemiifrii
3. The wii has version 4.3 (USA)
4. I set my Drivekey modchip to autoboot (using my other working wii)
5. I was able to boot into one of my wii games from the rescue menu

The problem now is that since it isn't my original wii, my wii remote isn't synced with the wii and I can't get any further then the wii safety warning screen (that comes up before you play any game). I have also tried autobooting a Wii "Universal Unbrick disk v2" and "AnyRegion changer v1.1bm5" but had no luck booting them. It would just stay at the black screen with my firmware at the bottom. I don't know why it isn't working, whether it is the iso that I burn, the disk, me or whatever. Could someone please reply, e-mail me ([email protected]), or send me a message with a link for an autoboot disc and also give me instructions for what to do after booting the disc so that I can unbrick my wii. Also is there a way that I can sync my wii remote with the bricked wii because I have already tried at the wii safety warning screen but it won`t work. Or are there autoboot disks that are compatible with a gamecube controller so I can try that?
PLEASE HELP ME!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A broken blue tooth module will give these same symptoms making it appear as a bricked wii.

Could just be the blue tooth module went bad.

DavidPerna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, it isn't the bluetooth module because I already tried replacing it with the bluetooth module from my working wii and it didn't fix the problem.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked to see if its been modded at all?

Like checking for priiloader by holding reset when powering on?

or

Checking to see if bootmii is installed as boot2 by two quick blinking blue lights at startup?

Maybe you will get lucky with one of those.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - if you wait at the health screen long enough, the wii automatically "presses A" for you. no need for a wiimote to be synced
2 - if you really want to sync a wiimote, autoboot a game, then use the red buttons like it says in the wii instruction manual
3 - those autoboo homebrew fix discs will only work if you have cioscrap or similar. they probably wont help your wii
4 - since you can autoboot a game, you can use the some method for getting homebrew running that you would use on a 003 wii... autoboot a game, switch discs while the game is running to load SSBB-PAL, smashstack, use some homebrew to fix the wii.

DavidPerna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By the health and safety screen, I mean the screen with the white background that comes up when you start a game. Not the one that comes up when you start up the wii so it does not click A automatically. Since I am at that screen after autobooting a game, it won't let me sync the wii remote using the red sync buttons. Also, I don't think I need the cioscrop because I have a Drivekey modchip. But can you explain that last point (4.) a little more because I am kind of a newb with this. I think that SSBB is super smash brothers brawl but why does it have to be the PAL version if my wii is NTSC? Also, what is smashstack, is it a hack that you can use in SSBB in order to install hombrew and stuff? Could you explain this a bit more or send me a link to a guie that will show how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...