need help softmodding, plz<33

A.J.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im in the middle of soft-modding my xbox original. in the prosses i am asked to create a cd with the lunix.iso files on it in order to boot on my pc to mod my xbox via the hotswapp method. the file that i have to put on the cd is about 990mb, however i dont have, nor do i know anybody that has a cd-r that holds bigger than 700mb. (i dont even think iv seen one bigger than that) so i was wundering if i would be able to put them on a usb drive instead and boot my pc from the usb intead of the CD?

or maybe, posibly, delete some unnecessary files to make the iso fit on a 700mb disc?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

A.J.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i dont have splinter cell or mech assult or 007 sooo :/
and do you know what usbs are bootable?

A.J.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into another bump. I was able to make a bootable cd after-all Butim having truble whith the actual hotswapp. Im like 90% sure that my ide cables are corectly placed and im preture sure my hard drive is being unlocked bucause iv done several ways all ending with the same result. After i enter 1 into the first menu screen it loads like it should, but when i typ the comand xbrowser it says serching for hda, hdb, hdc. The. It says hard drive found, no xbox partition table found : partition 0 ( somthing along those lines) but i cant get past this step in order to install the softmodd.

A.J.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it, i tried pausing the start up on the pc and then hotswapped and it worked perfectly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Now you can zoom in and actually see your pee pee when you pee pee,.