ROM Hack Need help opening .mod files

Elk_Whisperer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive searched everywhere for a blender .mod script but all of the ones i found do not work

i'm using mhff master io_import_scene_mod.py script to try importing .mod files into blender but i get errors

is there any specific program that opens them?

D

Deleted User

Are you trying to import a .mod that's from a Capcom game? If you are I don't know if Blender can open them since they use 3dsMax for modeling and animation.
Sorry I can't be of much help, but if it's a model from a Capcom game I can tell you more.

Elk_Whisperer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to import a .mod that's from a Capcom game? If you are I don't know if Blender can open them since they use 3dsMax for modeling and animation.
Sorry I can't be of much help, but if it's a model from a Capcom game I can tell you more.

yes iits from monster hunter, im using a github script that i cant liink because my account iis new

the person said iit would work with blender but i haven't had any luck.

i can use 3ds max as well so if you do know anything that would work for .mods with 3ds, that would be greatly appreciated

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
.mod used to be a music file format, back in the day..
... are you sure the .mod file you have is the right sort.

(I’d suggest opening it up in Winamp, but .. that’s not a normal thing for folk to install, anymore, is it?.. I’m getting old!! Where’s my Punched Tape..)

D

Deleted User

Alright, good. I've actually been fooling around with a Max plugin called MTFramework (can't link yet, same here :^/) and 3dsMax lately. You should be able to import both .mods and .lmts (animations) with it.

Elk_Whisperer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, good. I've actually been fooling around with a Max plugin called MTFramework (can't link yet, same here :^/) and 3dsMax lately. You should be able to import both .mods and .lmts (animations) with it.

DUDE AWESOME

if you can, please do send it to me i would love to have the code for it as well, not just to import but i want to see if i can figure out how they encrypt their .mod files its a HUGE pain

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

.mod used to be a music file format, back in the day..
... are you sure the .mod file you have is the right sort.

(I’d suggest opening it up in Winamp, but .. that’s not a normal thing for folk to install, anymore, is it?.. I’m getting old!! Where’s my Punched Tape..)

yes its actually called .mod lol for model

i've seen people import .mod files into blender but i don't know how.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM