PS1/2 need help lanching free mcboot

brutalheadbang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
hello everyone, i am new to the ps2 softmod scene. i own a silver phat ps2 and i do not wish to install a modship on it ( since the phat silver ps2's are kinda rare now and i don't wanna get the disc drive to wear out ), i thought i should install free mcboot on it. i went to buy a memory card for it and the guy at the store told me they had memory cards with free mcboot pre-installed on them, so i purchased one.
once i got home and shoved it up my ps2, nothing seemed to change. nothing changed in the ps2 main menu. i'm wondering if there's some files i need to copy to a usb stick for free mcboot to work ?

swaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If working the Mcboot should boot and show a none standard menu on start. Take it back were you bought it.

Alan

brutalheadbang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
If working the Mcboot should boot and show a none standard menu on start. Take it back were you bought it.

Alan
apperantly i got scammed. when i go into the memory card browser on the ps2 main menu it says it has 7.5 megabytes free ( the few used kilobytes are my guitar hero 2 save game ), and as far as i know, free mcboot uses up 3.5 megabytes from the memory card.
i guess i'll just return the memory card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
apperantly i got scammed. when i go into the memory card browser on the ps2 main menu it says it has 7.5 megabytes free ( the few used kilobytes are my guitar hero 2 save game ), and as far as i know, free mcboot uses up 3.5 megabytes from the memory card.
i guess i'll just return the memory card.
Might have been an honest mistake, maybe a non-FMCB card got put into the pile of FMCB cards by accident. Tell them what happened and get it returned for another one and hopefully that one will have FMCB on it.

brutalheadbang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Might have been an honest mistake, maybe a non-FMCB card got put into the pile of FMCB cards by accident. Tell them what happened and get it returned for another one and hopefully that one will have FMCB on it.
i might simply keep it, i need an unmodded memory card for my game saves anyways and to be fair the guy told me FMCB is a free option for me, he told me he sells both modded and unmodded memory cards for the same price.
i'll just keep this one for my saves and get another one ffrom another store ( every store here sells FMCB cards for cheap in here and if you bring a usb flash drive or an external HDD you'll get a few free backups on it for free )

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i might simply keep it, i need an unmodded memory card for my game saves anyways and to be fair the guy told me FMCB is a free option for me, he told me he sells both modded and unmodded memory cards for the same price.
i'll just keep this one for my saves and get another one ffrom another store ( every store here sells FMCB cards for cheap in here and if you bring a usb flash drive or an external HDD you'll get a few free backups on it for free )
There's enough space left over for saves. Anyway don't you have a memory card already?
Also, you should get a broadband adapter and stick a HDD in it, since USB loading has kinda bad compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, thx