Need help fixing Stuck/ Dead pixels in my GBA SP

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Fressshhh, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Fressshhh
    OP

Fressshhh Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    Hi there, Im new to this forums. I made an account because i really need help with this. I bought a GBA SP in order to make the backlight mod to an original GBA. The problem is the screen have some Stuck/ Dead and i will like to know if there is any way to fix this? Thanks in advance...
    Here is a Pic of how it looks
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Silentsurvivor

Silentsurvivor Banned

Banned
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Lol why?? You can just buy New GBA SP LCDs, no need to buy an entire GBA SP...

And that doesn't look like a stuck pixel to be honest, just looks like it's dirt. Then again the photo is quite blurry.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    if you got an AGS 101 to mod your original game boy. YOU DESERVE THAT! >:C

btw, if its a really dead pixel, nothing you can do... maybe its dirt or the cable damaged?

Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  4. Fressshhh
    OP

Fressshhh Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    They dont sell the sreen anymore!
    Maybe, but i doubt it.

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Check out this page for a GBA-era "stuck pixel fixer" software that tries to "massage" the stuck pixel into fixing itself by flashing lots of colors to the screen rapidly. http://pineight.com/gba/#stuck

I know there is at least one other "stuck pixel fixer" program for the DS that works on the full 256x192 screen, but I don't remember the name of it.