Gaming Need help fixing my friends' psp - accidental upgrade to OFW 5

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The other day I upgraded from CFW 3.9 to 5.0 m33-6. At my urging, he was going to as well. He went from CFW 3.9 to OFW 5.0, and now when he tries to upgrade, the file for m33-6 says that it contains corrupted data. Is there anything he can do? Can I do anything using my memory stick? We have no access to a pandora, as we paid some dude $25 to do our psp's.

So as it stands:

My psp CFW 5.0m33-6

His psp OFW 5.0.

Any ideas?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
mrwienerdog said:
The other day I upgraded from CFW 3.9 to 5.0 m33-6. At my urging, he was going to as well. He went from CFW 3.9 to OFW 5.0, and now when he tries to upgrade, the file for m33-6 says that it contains corrupted data. Is there anything he can do? Can I do anything using my memory stick? We have no access to a pandora, as we paid some dude $25 to do our psp's.

So as it stands:

My psp CFW 5.0m33-6

His psp OFW 5.0.

Any ideas?

upgrade to 5.03 and use Chickhen R2. (google it)

once you run chickhen, install your CFW and youre all good. just do NOT upgrade to OFW now, or else youll need pandora. you dodged a bullet with this one. next time you might not be so lucky.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OT:
mellow.gif
You paid $25 to have them hacked?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A shameless push of my own creation: use this. It's all you need. Use the CHA Full installer, since the firmware is 5.00. And make sure you read the directions on the installer, AND the note on the bottom of that post if you get corrupted data after installing M33.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
OT:
mellow.gif
You paid $25 to have them hacked?

Yes. I'm an old guy with two young kids that doesn't have time to fuck around with batteries. To me, it's worth $25 to not waste my time with that shit. I'm not just passing time in mom's basement.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think its that hard, you can buy the batteries yourself anyway, and once you've done that its a simple process to set up the memory stick etc.

If you have 2 young kids I'm surprised you have time for a PSP at all

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
I don't think its that hard, you can buy the batteries yourself anyway, and once you've done that its a simple process to set up the memory stick etc.

If you have 2 young kids I'm surprised you have time for a PSP at all

I know that it isn't that hard, but it's not like I plan on flashing mine or anyone elses psp ever again. I looked into buying a pandora at that time, and it was a lot more cash than $25. Maybe the prices have changed since then, I don't know.

And indeed, I don't have a lot of time for a PSP. But that's the beauty of a portable, half hour here and there is better than nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...