GJohnny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I found out after getting the izero that if I want to play GBA games i'd have to get a certain type of slot 2 cart that's compatible with the m3i zero, does anyone know the cart I need and the best place I could get it from?

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3_rumble.jpg

http://realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-real-p-266.html

This is the card that works best with the M3I/Real. Although that's not the best place to get it unless you live in the US.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not recommenced the 3 in 1. The main differences between the GBA expansion pack and the 3 in 1 are:

1.The 3 in 1 includes rumble(I believe you have to patch every game you want to use rumble on)
2.The 3 in 1 is not supported by the M3i firmware and games must be launched using a homebrew application.
3.The 3 in 1 seems to have battery problems. It runs out after about a year preventing you from saving. If this problem exists on the GBA expansion pack I have not heard of it.

Dealextreme is a good site but the shipping can take months.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no for games that use rumble you have it there and you cna surf the web. but hes to buy the expansion from m3 you have to buy a whole new card

GJohnny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I decided to go with the standard "GBA expansion pack" just to keep everything compatible, plus I don't have any games that use the rumble feature so rumble is pretty useless to me anyway.

Just hoping the site I ordered from was safe, I'm pretty sure it is though.
tongue.gif

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Magmorph. Rumble is useless on a lot of games, and you're getting more bang for your buck with a higher-quality battery, which you seriously need for GBA.

Also, you CAN surf the web with the M3 Expansion if you use the patch. Where'd you get the idea you couldn't?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GJohnny said:
I decided to go with the standard "GBA expansion pack" just to keep everything compatible, plus I don't have any games that use the rumble feature so rumble is pretty useless to me anyway.

tongue.gif
Its good for you since you got the GBA M3 expansion pack. Since you have the M3 Zero you could use RTS gba games and use Cheats in gba games. Only draw back is that the expansion pack only works on the M3 Real/Zero.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
GJohnny said:

tongue.gif
Its good for you since you got the GBA M3 expansion pack. Since you have the M3 Zero you could use RTS gba games and use Cheats in gba games. Only draw back is that the expansion pack only works on the M3 Real/Zero.
The GBA expansion pack works with all cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.