Need help fast! SD card behaving strangely after file transfer!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by richardparker, May 15, 2016.

1. richardparker
    OP

richardparker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    Swallowed up by the ocean!
    i downloaded fire emblem awakening dlc on firefox incognito mode and asoon as it was done i cut the file from the downloads folder and pasted it in my sd card. After about 50℅ of the transfer was done i recieved an error that the path was too deep and when i tried again i recieved another error message which i cant remember and i will post it asap. Anyways,when i opened the sd card in the computer in which the transfr was gpoing on,i saw MANY files,of unidentified format,all of 897kb. And the space that they occupied? was the same as before (29gb)
    now my 3ds is not turning on because i had a9lh luma 3ds,and my tablet is not detecting the card.

please help me fast,its a sincere request because i would hate to lose my 28gb of games once again (sd card had got corrupted before) please excuse me if im in the wrong section.
    thanks in advance !
    (ill post screenshots of the card asap.)
    :cry:

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Sounds like the card curopted again. What manufacturer is it?

3. KSP

KSP GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Sounds like you might have a fake Sd card that has a fake size. Sounds like its corrupting whenever you go over the actual size of the card.
    I could be wrong.

What brand is the card and where did you buy it from?

4. richardparker
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    the card is from strontium and is very good. it got corrupted before when i removed it in between of a transfer. but it got corrupted unlike this time which is strange.

5. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    Probably.

6. KSP

KSP GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Never heard of this brand before. Don't know how reliable they are. Its not a big brand like Kingston or Samsung or something. It could be this manufacturer makes faulty cards. They have weird logo, looks like blood dripping. lol

Anyways, how close are you hitting the maximum SD size? IE are you 10gb free, 1gb free, 2gb free, etc? Also do you have an emunand sector on the SD? Because if you have an emunand sector on the card, and you get dangerously close to maxing the card, it can corrupt since Windows does not see the emunand sector and believes the card to have more space left than it actually does. When you have emunand, you must never get close to maxing your card when transferring data.

7. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Use h2testw to check if it's fake. I'm pretty sure it's fake because that usually happens with fake sd's

8. richardparker
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    i think thats what had happned.btw the sd card cannot be blamed cuz i checked and verified from every review etc. that it is good.