Hacking Need help fast! SD card behaving strangely after file transfer!

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i downloaded fire emblem awakening dlc on firefox incognito mode and asoon as it was done i cut the file from the downloads folder and pasted it in my sd card. After about 50℅ of the transfer was done i recieved an error that the path was too deep and when i tried again i recieved another error message which i cant remember and i will post it asap. Anyways,when i opened the sd card in the computer in which the transfr was gpoing on,i saw MANY files,of unidentified format,all of 897kb. And the space that they occupied? was the same as before (29gb)
now my 3ds is not turning on because i had a9lh luma 3ds,and my tablet is not detecting the card.

please help me fast,its a sincere request because i would hate to lose my 28gb of games once again (sd card had got corrupted before) please excuse me if im in the wrong section.
thanks in advance !
(ill post screenshots of the card asap.)
:cry:

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded fire emblem awakening dlc on firefox incognito mode and asoon as it was done i cut the file from the downloads folder and pasted it in my sd card. After about 50℅ of the transfer was done i recieved an error that the path was too deep and when i tried again i recieved another error message which i cant remember and i will post it asap. Anyways,when i opened the sd card in the computer in which the transfr was gpoing on,i saw MANY files,of unidentified format,all of 897kb. And the space that they occupied? was the same as before (29gb)
now my 3ds is not turning on because i had a9lh luma 3ds,and my tablet is not detecting the card.

please help me fast,its a sincere request because i would hate to lose my 28gb of games once again (sd card had got corrupted before) please excuse me if im in the wrong section.
thanks in advance !
(ill post screenshots of the card asap.)
:cry:
Sounds like you might have a fake Sd card that has a fake size. Sounds like its corrupting whenever you go over the actual size of the card.
I could be wrong.

What brand is the card and where did you buy it from?

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the card is from strontium and is very good. it got corrupted before when i removed it in between of a transfer. but it got corrupted unlike this time which is strange.
Never heard of this brand before. Don't know how reliable they are. Its not a big brand like Kingston or Samsung or something. It could be this manufacturer makes faulty cards. They have weird logo, looks like blood dripping. lol

Anyways, how close are you hitting the maximum SD size? IE are you 10gb free, 1gb free, 2gb free, etc? Also do you have an emunand sector on the SD? Because if you have an emunand sector on the card, and you get dangerously close to maxing the card, it can corrupt since Windows does not see the emunand sector and believes the card to have more space left than it actually does. When you have emunand, you must never get close to maxing your card when transferring data.

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Never heard of this brand before. Don't know how reliable they are. Its not a big brand like Kingston or Samsung or something. It could be this manufacturer makes faulty cards. They have weird logo, looks like blood dripping. lol

Anyways, how close are you hitting the maximum SD size? IE are you 10gb free, 1gb free, 2gb free, etc? Also do you have an emunand sector on the SD? Because if you have an emunand sector on the card, and you get dangerously close to maxing the card, it can corrupt since Windows does not see the emunand sector and believes the card to have more space left than it actually does. When you have emunand, you must never get close to maxing your card when transferring data.
i think thats what had happned.btw the sd card cannot be blamed cuz i checked and verified from every review etc. that it is good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr