Hacking Need help. Bricked my Wii

Karlucchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was running 4.2U and had the newest homebrew channel installed with priiloader 0.29. I hadn't touched my wii in a while but when I tried to play a new game I recieved a 002 error. I figured I needed some new ios and I read that the new homebrew channel can run on 4.3 so I changed my priiloader settings to allow me to update. I didn't update through the system menu but through the prompt it gave me when trying to read the disc. After the update, now I get a screen that reads "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." I can still boot up using priiloader but I can't boot into the homebrew channel from it. Help is greatly appreciated.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well you have the newest homebrew channel I suppose. That's why preloader can't load it, just use title launch and select homebrew channel from it. Tell if it worked.

If you can run Homebrew Channel, please run this app and post the syscheck.csv (the app creates this file after running) contents here

http://www.mediafire.com/?9dnlffypfqdndnf

Karlucchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Yuan, I have still not figured out how to launch the homebrew channel yet because I don't know where to find title launch. In regards to my last post I messed up when I said I had priiloader. I actually have preloader 0.29. (Sorry I thought they were the same) When I try to update to 0.30 it stalls on a screen that reads "Downloading Changelog" If someone can please help me with loading the Homebrew Channel I will be able to post my system check. Thanks

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the preloader menu doesn't have the 'launch title' menu option (as per the youtube video here @ the :30 second mark)....so, here's the alternatives:

do you have bootmii@boot2? if so, you can get to HBC via that a couple different ways....

if not, you will need to look for a HBC forwarder dol to install into preloader, then launch the installed dol....i know they exist, but i've never needed it so i am unsure where to find it...

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, sorry preloader 0.29 doesn't have this function. Only priiloader has =\.

If you don't have bootmii @ boot2 I think the only solution is find a forwarder dol and install it with preloader (other people may help you with that, I don't know how to do it).

brausm08 said:
the preloader menu doesn't have the 'launch title' menu option (as per the youtube video here @ the :30 second mark)....so, here's the alternatives:

do you have bootmii@boot2? if so, you can get to HBC via that a couple different ways....

if not, you will need to look for a HBC forwarder dol to install into preloader, then launch the installed dol....i know they exist, but i've never needed it so i am unsure where to find it...

Even if this forwarder doesn't exist, a MMM forwarder or other Homebrew Launcher app forwarder for sure exists. So at least he is now screwed
tongue.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
brausm08 said:

Good, but have you checked if this forwarder is compatible with the newest HBC?
it comes from MauiFrog's post here....i haven't personally checked it, but MauiFrog is pretty highly regarded around here and the date says it should be for current HBC....

his post verbatim in red, my addition in black:

Just extract HBC-Forwarder.zip to sd:\
Hold reset, boot the wii into priiloader
click load/install
Install the HBC-Forwarder.dol then click 'Installed File'
Go to priiloader settings
set autoboot to installed file and return to installed file
the striked part is for perpetual autobooting, which you're not looking for here
Now prelaoder/priiloaer will boot HBC 1.08/1.07, jodi, haxx via the forwarder

This is probably better than installing the priiloader beta until it is tested and officially released as the recommended priiloader download, unless you have boot2 bootmii.

You could also do the same with a usbloader forwarder.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
Lucky that you have preloader. Now you might will be able to save your wii
smile.gif

@bjorno: i fixed your post...it needed more optimism!

@karlucchi: if you end up reinstalling a system menu, just remember to reinstall priiloader as a SM reinstall effectively removes it (0.6 just came out a couple days ago).... just for curiousity, did you have any hacks enabled when you tried the update (like auto press A or replace health screen warning)? ...i'm just hypothesizing as to why you bricked after a disc update.... Next Time: use Modmii for all your updating needs!

QUOTE(Yuan @ Dec 25 2010, 12:33 PM) Even if this forwarder doesn't exist, a MMM forwarder or other Homebrew Launcher app forwarder for sure exists. So at least he is now not screwed
tongue.gif
@Yuan: I had to fix yours too...i know what you meant, but it made me chuckle a little inside.... you are right though, any forwarder would work as you could effectively launch MMM by putting it in the folder it points to.... thanks for making me check my facts!
smile.gif

Karlucchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there were some hacks enabled and that was probably why. Thank you guys so much I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: