OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Howdy All,

I'm looking for some clarification. I'm running a NTSC 4.1 Wii with a1.9s wiikey.

I have the latest version of USB Loader GX.

I'm not sure what cIOS rev I have though I know its 13 or higher.

I have a scrubbed clean copy of NSMB that I loaded on my USB HD via WBFS Manager 3.01.

I was told that the latest copy of USB Laoder GX should auto patch a clean copy of the game. However I still get the black screen general error message when I try to runt eh game.

Suggestions?

I've heard that CIOS rev 15 is out. Do I need to update that too?

y2gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GolfDude said:
download the newest revision of r830 that jsut got released minutes ago.. it has the ntsc patch for mario built in...

I downloaded r830 and I'm trying to run the NTSC Mario as well and at first I got the black error screen, then after powering off/on my Wii and trying to load it again, I just get a black screen (no text) and the game doesn't load. The PAL version works fine, but I'd rather run NTSC.

Help!

y2gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GolfDude said:
download the newest revision of r830 that jsut got released minutes ago.. it has the ntsc patch for mario built in...

I downloaded r830 and I'm trying to run the NTSC Mario as well and at first I got the black error screen, then after powering off/on my Wii and trying to load it again, I just get a black screen (no text) and the game doesn't load. The PAL version works fine, but I'd rather run NTSC.

Help!

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
y2gray said:
GolfDude said:

Help!

WHat i did ..

GX ver 830 turned on Auto For 002 error (i have Rev14)
and things are seeming to work perfect

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you still dont have NSMB working and you have the latest verison of GX you should try deleting the config files for GX. I have found I have to do that sometimes.

Makita426

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:

I'm currently using USB Loader GX revision 815 as a channel, would you please tell me how I can upgrade to the latest version. I've downloaded the latest r831.dol file, where should I put the file?

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i updated USB Loader GX to the r830 and now when i select it from the homebrew channel i get a black screen. i cant even load the loader itself. if i go back to r815 it works again but anything higher seems to black screen. HELP!

y2gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
markedmanner said:
If you still dont have NSMB working and you have the latest verison of GX you should try deleting the config files for GX. I have found I have to do that sometimes.

This fixed it, thanks!

And I should have thought of it before, cause I've had to do that in the past to fix issues before.

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nervx said:
i updated USB Loader GX to the r830 and now when i select it from the homebrew channel i get a black screen. i cant even load the loader itself. if i go back to r815 it works again but anything higher seems to black screen. HELP!
I'm having the same problem. The r815 works just fine for me, but r830 just sits on a black screen.

whamarcelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cyberxion said:
nervx said:
I'm having the same problem. The r815 works just fine for me, but r830 just sits on a black screen.

I'm having the same black screen problem with rev 830, please if anyone solve this post here!

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you updated from a previous version of USB Loader GX to the latest version and you're getting a black screen, make sure you delete the USB Loader GX cfg files. They will be re-created automatically for the new version and should fix your problem.

If you have USB Loader GX installed as a channel, you can update it by ensuring you have a WiFi connection setup on your Wii and then clicking the Update button in the Settings menu of USB Loader GX. It will update you automatically.

whamarcelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
antiaverage said:
If you updated from a previous version of USB Loader GX to the latest version and you're getting a black screen, make sure you delete the USB Loader GX cfg files. They will be re-created automatically for the new version and should fix your problem.

If you have USB Loader GX installed as a channel, you can update it by ensuring you have a WiFi connection setup on your Wii and then clicking the Update button in the Settings menu of USB Loader GX. It will update you automatically.

I've updated via Loader menu, I've always updated that way, but with rev 830 version it gives a black screen when starting (via forwarder or via hbc)

neal80921

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, this is my first post.

First, I would like to thank all those involved in supplying all the software/firmware to get this all working. Very impressive and even an oldtimer such as myself can (eventually) get things working (with persistence).

That being said, I have run into a minor snag. I just installed USB Backup Loader R815 (works quite well for me and all my games seems to work now) but I like having the ability to update the application through my wifi network. Unfortunately, when I attempt try it out, it says I cannot since the console is locked. In true fact, it is not (at least not visually). I have entered a password (under parental control) and it even indicates it is unlocked, however, update continues to insist it is unlocked. Is there another (secret) password or setting to get this working? Also, if I ever do get to access this feature, do I need to indicate a path to direct it it to my network (rather than the SD card it is pointing to now)?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me and again, thanks for the wonderful work you all are putting into this endeavour.

Neal

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neal80921
try disabling the parental control completely then updating, turning back on if you need/use
if that still doesnt work, delete all config files, they will automatically be created when u run the loader again
as for wireless, as long as your wii itself is already setup on network, usbgx wireless will work fine

neal80921

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. I am sorry, I did not know anyone responded to this query. I thought a response would be flagged to my email address. I appreciate your suggestion and will give it a try.

splitsec

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It isn't refering to the Wii parental controls, it is refering to the USB loader GX lock... There is no password by default, but it defaults to locked every time you launch it (or at least mine does)... I think it is on the second page of menus. Just click ok when it asks you for the password.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.