jmillison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer: I'm fairly new to this...

My Wii was at 3.2U this morning, and after getting the mod files for 4.0U and 4.1U I decided to give it a try. I updated to 4.0U without any problems. I even verified that I could launch Rock Band Beatles and then a backed up disc via Gamma launcher and it ran fine. The zip file had an update to 4.1U as well, so I thought I would go ahead and run that as well. I think it mentioned in the instructions that you should back up your Wii channels before doing so, so I thought I copied over both the Homebrew Channel and Gamma Launcher just in case.

After upgrading to 4.1U my Homebrew would no longer run, it just resulted in a black screen. So after running in circles a few times I deleted the HOmebrew channel and figured I would restore it from my copy on the SD Card. And when I put Rock Band Beatles in the icon no longer changes to what it did before, it now says "Wii System Update" or something of that nature. I know that running one of those updates can brick the Wii so I've avoided doing so.

I figured I would try to add the Homebrew again by copying over the Zelda Hack saved game. But now it won't allow me to do that. I deleted the existing Zelda saved game from my Wii and tried to copy over the one I used from the SD card but it acts like it's copying and then says "This file may not have been copied" or something along those lines. When I start up Zelda it says that there isn't a save file and wants me to create a new one.

So now I don't have a Homebrew channel at all, so I have no way of trying to fix anything, and I can't launch my purchased copy of Rock Band Beatles to make matters worse.

Does anyone know of a way to get Homebrew back and attempt to fix what's been broken? I did a search in the forums but couldn't find anyone in the same boat I was in.

Any help is *greatly* appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Joey

jmillison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, I managed to get my Homebrew channel back, as well as my Gamma launcher, which plays my backups fine. Thanks for the links, they were extremely helpful! I guess I was over-thinking the entire thing, and should have backed up a few steps. Thanks again for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one