Need Assistance Please - Ran 4.1U update and lost my Homebrew Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jmillison, Sep 13, 2009.

1. jmillison
    OP

jmillison Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Disclaimer: I'm fairly new to this...

My Wii was at 3.2U this morning, and after getting the mod files for 4.0U and 4.1U I decided to give it a try. I updated to 4.0U without any problems. I even verified that I could launch Rock Band Beatles and then a backed up disc via Gamma launcher and it ran fine. The zip file had an update to 4.1U as well, so I thought I would go ahead and run that as well. I think it mentioned in the instructions that you should back up your Wii channels before doing so, so I thought I copied over both the Homebrew Channel and Gamma Launcher just in case.

After upgrading to 4.1U my Homebrew would no longer run, it just resulted in a black screen. So after running in circles a few times I deleted the HOmebrew channel and figured I would restore it from my copy on the SD Card. And when I put Rock Band Beatles in the icon no longer changes to what it did before, it now says "Wii System Update" or something of that nature. I know that running one of those updates can brick the Wii so I've avoided doing so.

I figured I would try to add the Homebrew again by copying over the Zelda Hack saved game. But now it won't allow me to do that. I deleted the existing Zelda saved game from my Wii and tried to copy over the one I used from the SD card but it acts like it's copying and then says "This file may not have been copied" or something along those lines. When I start up Zelda it says that there isn't a save file and wants me to create a new one.

So now I don't have a Homebrew channel at all, so I have no way of trying to fix anything, and I can't launch my purchased copy of Rock Band Beatles to make matters worse.

Does anyone know of a way to get Homebrew back and attempt to fix what's been broken? I did a search in the forums but couldn't find anyone in the same boat I was in.

Any help is *greatly* appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Joey

2. extended

extended Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2007
  3. JustChillin1414

JustChillin1414 <3 Tiny Tina

Mar 27, 2009
    Canada
    BC
    Yeah just re-hack your wii and get the homebrew channel again.

4. jmillison
    OP

jmillison Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Cool, I managed to get my Homebrew channel back, as well as my Gamma launcher, which plays my backups fine. Thanks for the links, they were extremely helpful! I guess I was over-thinking the entire thing, and should have backed up a few steps. Thanks again for the help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice