Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe he's trying to express his preference for Lua (a programming language also named after the moon), but without getting into copyright infringement territory.
Perhaps...
Perhaps it's metaphorical. As the moon reflects the light of the sun, but doesn't have a light of it's own, inherently being dark. However, as it is reflecting the light, it becomes bright. This could be symbolic of homebrew being the light in the otherwise considered darkness of exploiting a console. As the light is the handheld and community provided by Nintendo, and the darkness is piracy brought by through exploitation, homebrew is the light reflected by the dark potential of exploitation to bring the gift of useful software to this handheld. I think it's very fitting myself, if a bit too deep to reach a wider audience outside of our community.
Liking this idea, but sadly...
Nothing. Why do you ask? Do you have any suggestions?
...it appears to have meant nothing. Well, I ask because it seemed like a particular thing to include for a yet unknown reason. For example, the beer is added because of the "brew" part. (And because it's humorous, I think.)

Does Genesis seem more reasonable? Genesis means origin.

f7mlSl4.png
Better, though it still seems a bit off to call it "the origin".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Defining a protocol (filename, path, etc.) is a good idea for the loader to display homebrew informations.

I think having one homebrew in individual folder, with its own info (xml if needed like HBC on wii) is better than having multiple files in the same folder with random names, unless it require files to be on root like Gateway homebrew model. (or they will be installed on system with libctru?)
If there's a way to insert the meta data in the binary, isn't it an issue if the meta format is updated later? the loader will have to detect the format used (should be version'd).

Developers should talk about it, decide what they prefer and define a new format for compiled homebrew. The loader will be open source, it can be updated later.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Defining a protocol (filename, path, etc.) is a good idea for the loader to display homebrew informations.

I think having one homebrew in individual folder, with its own info (xml if needed like HBC on wii) is better than having multiple files in the same folder with random names, unless it require files to be on root like Gateway homebrew model.
If there's a way to insert the meta data in the binary, isn't it an issue if the meta format is updated later? the loader will have to detect the format used (should be version'd).

Developers should talk about it, decide what they prefer and define a new format for compiled homebrew. The loader will be open source, it can be updated later.
Having the loader support installing some sort of app zip-file and extracting the contents to wherever the apps are stored would be a neat feature too. Just dump the files in a folder and have the loader extract and delete them when it starts. Like apk, ipa, deb files and what not.

Reactions: Gameplayer9198

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want ernespa's animation combined with Arkhandar's artwork (This is the best bottom screen by far!). Also, I want purechaos996's or marcouf's logo as the loading screen whenever the screen cuts to black. Someone make this happen!

Bonus: I also want it to be connected to the 3DS' gyroscope so when you move the screen it moves the beer moves along with it (impossible I know but a man can dream.)

14nz6ur.jpg
2885mk1.gif

gO044lp.png

ovktu1R.gif

73783345h3.gif

Reactions: VinsCool

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
C'mon, seriously? I re-animated this entire thing in an hour and have had multiple people change multiple aspects of it about 5 times. I'm NOT giving up on this. Obviously, red is not working. I wonder if this tough crowd is sharing some inside joke, or genuinely hates the colors. Either way, I'll make it purple. nothing can go wrong with purple. Right?

K3NcFyU.gif

THIS BETTER NOT GO WRONG GUYS

looks great

Trophies
XP
Country
C'mon, seriously? I re-animated this entire thing in an hour and have had multiple people change multiple aspects of it about 5 times. I'm NOT giving up on this. Obviously, red is not working. I wonder if this tough crowd is sharing some inside joke, or genuinely hates the colors. Either way, I'll make it purple. nothing can go wrong with purple. Right?

K3NcFyU.gif

WHAT IS THIS? WINE? IT'S RIBENA FRUIT JUICE NOT WINE! WHAT ARE YOU APPLES.

Reactions: Arkhandar

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

This looks like poison.
Wine is just very dark red.
Also I think everyone is just joking

Reactions: porkiewpyne

egoat

Trophies
XP
Country
NmbYqv7.png

2okfcaK.png

V2mKx4r.png

b8ziKlC.gif

I don't know how to spoiler images so if this is too much please forgive me. I loved the wii homebrew channel, so if blue line was more liquid like and I'd drawn bubbles something simple like this would work great imo. I personally like rectangular menus but made more round ones since its safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A chair fit for royalty