Hacking Need an idiot proof rxTools guide for N3DS

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should i not unlink my NANDS? Also do i need to be on emuNAND and then install the games?
install a cia installer to emunand then unlink nands
and that is why you went through the process of setting up an emunand (you know so if any file (bad cia) fucks up your system your real fw will be safe)

pizzadk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
install a cia installer to emunand then unlink nands
and that is why you went through the process of setting up an emunand (you know so if any file (bad cia) fucks up your system your real fw will be safe)
So i need to be in my emuNAND and then download the fbi.cia again? or is it enough what i did following the guide?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you boot into emuNAND and have FBI installed open it, if it works than it works, if it don't reinstall and you will be good to go
he is referring to safely unlinking nands so fbi remains on emunand but i believe it has to do with whether or not he installed fbi before or after he made emunand
before = good
after = bad
if i remember correctly that is

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
lol did you even read the link
first it says pasta not cakes is easier and pasta does not need cetk file either
also
What is the reason of being so angry? I was talking not with you, but with topic starter and about the guide that he linked.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the reason of being so angry? I was talking not with you, but with topic starter and about the guide that he linked.
oh im not angry my profile pic just makes me look that way lol
but i did assume you were referring to my post as your post directly followed mine and did not quote or tag or otherwise specifically designate the op as the person you were responding to . . . so following this logic it looks as if you were responding to me instead :teach:

pizzadk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh im not angry my profile pic just makes me look that way lol
but i did assume you were referring to my post as your post directly followed mine and did not quote or tag or otherwise specifically designate the op as the person you were responding to . . . so following this logic it looks as if you were responding to me instead :teach:
Okay so now how do i go about updating my emuNAND to 9.5?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so now how do i go about updating my emuNAND to 9.5?
you download the 9.5 update files in cia format from some iso site
download Sysupdater
put downloaded update files in a folder named update on sd root
put sysupdater on sd root
install sysupdater to emunand
load sysupdater (in emunand) select the update folder wait . . . done

Last edited by wormdood,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he is referring to safely unlinking nands so fbi remains on emunand but i believe it has to do with whether or not he installed fbi before or after he made emunand
before = good
after = bad
if i remember correctly that is

How would it "remain" on Emunand? Formatting Emunand sets up a new one from scratch. There's no fbi in there even if you had it on sysnand before.

That's what I'm facing at the moment. Set up Emunand and now I don't have fbi or any possibility to install cia to Emunand, as I have a black touchscreen in rxtools. Can't inject fbi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there any other way of installing fbi in Emunand? Browserhax does not work, screen flickers red.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would it "remain" on Emunand? Formatting Emunand sets up a new one from scratch. There's no fbi in there even if you had it on sysnand before.

That's what I'm facing at the moment. Set up Emunand and now I don't have fbi or any possibility to install cia to Emunand, as I have a black touchscreen in rxtools. Can't inject fbi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there any other way of installing fbi in Emunand? Browserhax does not work, screen flickers red.
um . . . formatting emunand via gateway launcher creates a emulated 1-1 copy of your nand on your sd card if fbi exist before you make said copy then fbi will be copied as well

Reactions: Deleted-236924

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Formatting Emunand from gateway completely formatted the SD card. There is no fbi in my Emunand, trust me. And I had it installed before, as I also used cubic ninja cia to even launch gateway.

So, yes. I don't have a cia installer on Emunand and no way to get one on it as rxtools doesn't show a menu.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by Xinaman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1