1. Zense

OP Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch touchscreen -> Press R

Italy
    Hi,

Last weekend I bought a second hand wii for a cheap price since it was supposedly broken and I figured I would have a look at it.

So far I've found out that it (strangely considering the region I'm in) is an ntsc rvl001 wii. This is the info I have so far:

It boots to a black screen
    Priiloader is not installed
    Recovery menu works and shows 3.0u
    When trying to sync a wiimote its leds will only blink blue until it turns off.

I tried to open it up but it seems my trusty triwing screwdrivers have reached their EOL so I have to pick up some new ones before I ruin any screws and end up in a miserable state.

What I figure so far is that it's either the bluetooth module (which I will test since I have 2 other "functioning" wiis I can borrow from), or some sort of softbrick, which I could try to fix by inserting a retail disc with an update during recovery mode (?) and hopefully fix.

I found a local seller with link's crossbow training ntsc for 3€ so I might go ahead and buy that if it contains a system update past 3.0u

The seller told me the wii might have been modded so it'll be interesting to see what I can find, since that could make fixing it easier.

Anyways, I was hoping someone more knowledgable could give me any advice or correct me on my assumptions

Last edited by Zense, Aug 22, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - bricked, advise,