Hacking Need advise for bricked wii

Zense

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

Last weekend I bought a second hand wii for a cheap price since it was supposedly broken and I figured I would have a look at it.

So far I've found out that it (strangely considering the region I'm in) is an ntsc rvl001 wii. This is the info I have so far:

It boots to a black screen
Priiloader is not installed
Recovery menu works and shows 3.0u
When trying to sync a wiimote its leds will only blink blue until it turns off.

I tried to open it up but it seems my trusty triwing screwdrivers have reached their EOL so I have to pick up some new ones before I ruin any screws and end up in a miserable state.

What I figure so far is that it's either the bluetooth module (which I will test since I have 2 other "functioning" wiis I can borrow from), or some sort of softbrick, which I could try to fix by inserting a retail disc with an update during recovery mode (?) and hopefully fix.

I found a local seller with link's crossbow training ntsc for 3€ so I might go ahead and buy that if it contains a system update past 3.0u

The seller told me the wii might have been modded so it'll be interesting to see what I can find, since that could make fixing it easier.

Anyways, I was hoping someone more knowledgable could give me any advice or correct me on my assumptions

Last edited by Zense,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1