Gaming Need advice buying new wii game (multiplayer, for both casual and hardcore)

loook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello

i would like to buy a new game for our wii and need some advice.
currently we have a mario kart wii, but we are getting bored of it.
few points regarding the game:
-it should be non-split screen, as people here dont like it when mario kart fps drops with 3+ players (so its only 2 players playing most of the time), but if the game can manage split screen
-our controllers have motion plus, but a game that uses the d-pad and a few other buttons only would be perfect (also gamecube controller support would be cool)
-the less akward, the better, meaning the game should look more a western style game than japanese, but of course if there is a good japanese game it is ok
-no virtual console, for various reasons we cant use that (mostly because nobody would play them because they look old, etc) - there is no exception here
-it can be both cooperative and competitive

about the genre: i was thinking about a platformer or a beat-em-up and since we have a racing game, that is not neccesary

another consideration is the required coordination when playing a cooperative game and the requirement of quick reflexes and the possibilities for griefing

thanks

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
buy smash brothers brawl (though i think that melee has way better controls) or tatsunoko vs capcom, or if you are into minigames, rayman raving rabbids.
they all dont have split screen

loook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank for the replies

one of our basic problems is that makes the game boring that everyone plays on a bowser bike with funky kong or one of the bowsers or on a mach bike with daisy or princess peach - for obvious reasons, everyone looked it up on the wiki and thought that +6 speed can make a difference in a vs race...
anyway might consider super smash brawl then.

also any good beat-em ups? one with a character progression system would be good

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Hunter: The Reckoning is supposed to be a good co-op action game with progression. It's a gamecube game, so I don't know if you're companions will complain about it being dated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1