Need advice buying new wii game (multiplayer, for both casual and hardcore)

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by loook, Apr 24, 2013.

1. loook
    OP

Newcomer loook Newbie

Antarctica
    hello

i would like to buy a new game for our wii and need some advice.
    currently we have a mario kart wii, but we are getting bored of it.
    few points regarding the game:
    -it should be non-split screen, as people here dont like it when mario kart fps drops with 3+ players (so its only 2 players playing most of the time), but if the game can manage split screen
    -our controllers have motion plus, but a game that uses the d-pad and a few other buttons only would be perfect (also gamecube controller support would be cool)
    -the less akward, the better, meaning the game should look more a western style game than japanese, but of course if there is a good japanese game it is ok
    -no virtual console, for various reasons we cant use that (mostly because nobody would play them because they look old, etc) - there is no exception here
    -it can be both cooperative and competitive

about the genre: i was thinking about a platformer or a beat-em-up and since we have a racing game, that is not neccesary

another consideration is the required coordination when playing a cooperative game and the requirement of quick reflexes and the possibilities for griefing

thanks

2. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    buy smash brothers brawl (though i think that melee has way better controls) or tatsunoko vs capcom, or if you are into minigames, rayman raving rabbids.
    they all dont have split screen

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Another vote for Smash Bros here. Can use GC controllers and Wiimote (alone+sideways or with the nunchuck), can do 2-player story mode, and the normal mode can be done with four players either free-for-all or teams, with lots of different options for damage and items and junk.

4. loook
    OP

Newcomer loook Newbie

Antarctica
    thank for the replies

one of our basic problems is that makes the game boring that everyone plays on a bowser bike with funky kong or one of the bowsers or on a mach bike with daisy or princess peach - for obvious reasons, everyone looked it up on the wiki and thought that +6 speed can make a difference in a vs race...
    anyway might consider super smash brawl then.

also any good beat-em ups? one with a character progression system would be good

5. grossaffe

Member grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I think Hunter: The Reckoning is supposed to be a good co-op action game with progression. It's a gamecube game, so I don't know if you're companions will complain about it being dated.

6. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Read the part of this post below the second YouTube video (click the game names for trailers) and then this post. They aren't kid games or for casual play though.

7. tahsin tariq

Newcomer tahsin tariq Member

Bangladesh
    Try dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3. about 150 characters I think. Really great multiplayer game that sucks you in.

8. kumpandjill

Member kumpandjill GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i think that if you guys liked MK, you'll like Brawl.

9. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Is there a good reason no one mentioned any of the Mario Party games?