Hacking Need a new AceKard

AniDanny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using an AceKard 2 for a couple years now, but it's dying. Cleaning the contacts and using the paper trick fixed it for a short while, but eventually those stopped working. So I wanted to know, is there any reason for me to get an AceKard 2i if I have no intention of ever getting a DSi? And does anyone have a recommendation on where to get a cheap, reliable AceKard? Best info I could find was on WikiTemp, where it basically said "Here's 20-30 places you could get one. Good luck."

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope, no reason at all to get the 2i if you never have any intention of getting a DSi or DSi XL. There have been the odd cases on here of the some 512MB Japanese games corrupting the Acekard 2i's firmware. As the 2.1 doesn't have updateable firmware, it should be free of this issue.

ShopTemp is the retailer most of recommended on here, as everyone loves referrals. They are affiliated with this site though, so tend to be fairly reliable.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a batch of AK2 cards that were having problems with firmware. It's been fixed but I'd personally spend the extra $2.30 on the AK2i because of past firmware issues.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AniDanny said:
I've been using an AceKard 2 for a couple years now, but it's dying. Cleaning the contacts and using the paper trick fixed it for a short while, but eventually those stopped working. So I wanted to know, is there any reason for me to get an AceKard 2i if I have no intention of ever getting a DSi? And does anyone have a recommendation on where to get a cheap, reliable AceKard? Best info I could find was on WikiTemp, where it basically said "Here's 20-30 places you could get one. Good luck."

I didn't have any intention of getting a DSi either when I bought my AK2i, but when the time came that my Lite was wearing down and dying, I was glad I had the 2i because my parents bought me a DSi.
tongue.gif

Sidenote: I have a little more faith in the AK2i working on the 3DS than the AK2. Don't expect it to, but it's more likely. (1% compared to 0.5%, if even)

GMTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The difference is not great, maybe a buck or two. I would get an ACEkard 2I just to future proof yourself.

I have both the DSI XL and DS . I never thought about getting a DSI either but you never know.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the dec 09 issue which was brought up was a hardware change that caused the firmwares not to save correctly. it was fixed in software and then acekard went back 1 hardware revision. even if my some very small chance you got one of those cards it would still perform correctly with akaio and the official firmware.

i would personally advise you to stay away from the 2i if you are going to use the card on a phat/lite. the 2i has many contact issues. my 2i was rather perfect when it arrived, after about 6 months of use it has developed pcb contact issues. with the 2.1 i have never experienced these issues and i am currently looking at 9 of them in front of me.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1