Hacking Need a little help - EZ-V+ or EZ-Vi?

_mrshl_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi folks,

I already searched a bit but I don't quite know what to think about the EZ-Vi.
So the problem is that I want to buy an EZ-V for a friend at dealextreme and need to choose between the plus or the "i" version
(EZ-V+ $19,64)
(EZ-Vi $18,50).
DSi-compatibility is not needed but some how the i-version seems a little bit suspicious to me - I don't really know why.
So well, except DSi-compatibility _should_ be the only difference, but what do you think?

Another question would be which SD-card to buy:
I could by a Transcend 4GB Class 6 or a Kingston 4GB Class 4 which are about ~ 8€ here in germany.
Anyone know how these two cards perform in comparison?

Thanks for any answer!

Regards

mrshl

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would go with the ez v+, though i think the vi is the same thing, except for dsi support? im not sure
i would go with the transcend, class 6 > class 4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The plus and vi use the same software* and the only thing the EZVi has over the plus is DSi support.

As for price I guess it is due to the extras/packaging or the stock keeping method but both are legit.

*The EZVi needs at least 1.90beta 6 while the EZ5plus can use some of the earlier versions.

Memory cards: the EZ5 (all models) feature a so called hybrid mode that made short work of any speed problems even on my cheapo sandisk microSD (I covered it in my review of the plus) and given almost all SDHC cards are faster than the top flight regular SD cards... Go with space available but for the same price the higher the class number the faster.

_mrshl_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your answers!

FAST6191 said:
The plus and vi use the same software* and the only thing the EZVi has over the plus is DSi support.

As for price I guess it is due to the extras/packaging or the stock keeping method but both are legit.

*The EZVi needs at least 1.90beta 6 while the EZ5plus can use some of the earlier versions.

Memory cards: the EZ5 (all models) feature a so called hybrid mode that made short work of any speed problems even on my cheapo sandisk microSD (I covered it in my review of the plus) and given almost all SDHC cards are faster than the top flight regular SD cards... Go with space available but for the same price the higher the class number the faster.
So which version would you personally buy ($1 more or less is really no matter)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...