Hacking Need a little help concerning my R4i Gold

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Guys, need a little help concerning an R4i Gold I have (www.r4ids.com version).

I bought it a few months ago from a market over here in Australia. I really only got it for collecting purposes, as I had an original R4DS and DSTT before I had bought it.

Well a few days ago I decided to buy a DSi XL (Great console). The R4i Gold worked perfectly on it by the way.

My question is, is there any firmware I can run on it to play more of the recent DS games on it? I've already tried Wood R4, a cracked AKAIO firmware and YSmenu. This confused me as I first thought it was an R4 clone, and then thought it was an Acekard clone. To find it's neither. I've also heard it's a DSTT clone, but I've heard mixed info on that.

So tell me guys, what can I do? Is there anything I can do? I know the Acekard 2i is best for the DSi, but at the moment, my spending cash is 0.

Please I'll take any info you can throw at me. Just don't mention buying a better DSi Flashcart, as I'm now broke as an old man can get at the moment.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an r4i gold from r4igold.cn and every wood firmware and cracked firmware iv tried wouldnt work. but i have an acekard so its ok, maybe you should get one when you can save up abit more money

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raysie1 said:
Hey Guys, need a little help concerning an R4i Gold I have (www.r4ids.com version).

-----

My question is, is there any firmware I can run on it to play more of the recent DS games on it? I've already tried Wood R4, a cracked AKAIO firmware and YSmenu. This confused me as I first thought it was an R4 clone, and then thought it was an Acekard clone. To find it's neither. I've also heard it's a DSTT clone, but I've heard mixed info on that.

I came to the same obstacle as I mentioned in This Thread.
Except I didn't even try Wood R4 knowing it wouldn't work to begin with.

You will either have to patch games or go without, as far as I can tell.

The only thing that I've heard of that may be possible with this card that I haven't explored is using akysauto - but I read somewhere very recently that there is potential to damage the flashcart with Acekard version of YSMenu.
Edit- Source: http://gbatemp.net/t223956-what-firmwares-...t&p=2795097

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pong20302000 said:
Well if you can get it to boot YSmenu on your DSI then use my files and you will have some good compatibility
Sadly no luck with running YSmenu at all. The Flashcart will just freeze on "Loading..." when trying to load up the firmware.

QUOTE(exangel @ Apr 30 2010, 10:09 PM) I came to the same obstacle as I mentioned in This Thread.
Except I didn't even try Wood R4 knowing it wouldn't work to begin with.

You will either have to patch games or go without, as far as I can tell.

The only thing that I've heard of that may be possible with this card that I haven't explored is using akysauto - but I read somewhere very recently that there is potential to damage the flashcart with Acekard version of YSMenu.
Edit- Source: http://gbatemp.net/t223956-what-firmwares-...t&p=2795097
Thanks for the info, exangel. I guess patching games seperately is now my only option. I'll just have to stay strong and remember I've been doing this for over a year with my original R4DS. And we saw what happened there, now we have Wood R4, and I can't live without my R4DS again.

After researching more and looking at the firmware's files internally...I can confirm that this R4i Gold is no doubt a DSTT/DSTTi clone. Not only does it contain folders literally called "TTDS", but the exact firmware also works on my original DSTT.

As mentioned, I have an R4DS running Wood R4...which is running completely perfect by the way. All I wanted was to be a little bit more selfish and play some of the more recent DS games on a more larger screen with the DSi XL.

Thanks for the help anyway, really appreciate it.
smile.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raysie1 said:
After researching more and looking at the firmware's files internally...I can confirm that this R4i Gold is no doubt a DSTT/DSTTi clone. Not only does it contain folders literally called "TTDS", but the exact firmware also works on my original DSTT.

As mentioned, I have an R4DS running Wood R4...which is running completely perfect by the way. All I wanted was to be a little bit more selfish and play some of the more recent DS games on a more larger screen with the DSi XL.

That is REALLY weird. Because I have an r4ids.com R4i Gold and I'm certain it's an AK2i clone (even has the danny phantom icon).
The firmware I have (1.31) shows a directory structure that does not have anything referencing TT:
r4idsgold1_31.png

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is exactly what I got when I bought it:

explore.png

But after looking at a v1.31 I downloaded earlier today, those TTDS files were not in it.

My question is, if this flashcart is an Acekard clone...How come it can't run the hacked AKAIO firmware that supposedly works on Acekard clones?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured, either I had a poor source for the cracked AKAIO firmware, or it's not a complete or compatible clone, or I'm wrong about the card being AK2i clone. I really did spend many hours searching and in several languages, and tried 3 or 4 different "cracked" AKAIO 1.5.1 archives. I saw several charts in Japanese, Chinese, and English that put R4iDS Gold in the AK2i clone category, as well. =/

I'd start searching again if I thought I'd find new information, but the 3-4 days that I was troubleshooting my R4i Gold card felt like such a huge waste after I came up empty handed..

Edit- Additional thoughts:
But would it matter as much anyway if 1.5.1 could be running on this card, because the most recent official firmware (1.31) came out a month after that release and might have a greater number of compatible games(?)

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
exangel said:
I figured, either I had a poor source for the cracked AKAIO firmware, or it's not a complete or compatible clone, or I'm wrong about the card being AK2i clone. I really did spend many hours searching and in several languages, and tried 3 or 4 different "cracked" AKAIO 1.5.1 archives. I saw several charts in Japanese, Chinese, and English that put R4iDS Gold in the AK2i clone category, as well. =/

I'd start searching again if I thought I'd find new information, but the 3-4 days that I was troubleshooting my R4i Gold card felt like such a huge waste after I came up empty handed..
Yeah. Don't worry, I feel you're pain. I've personally never seen a flashcart with such a lack of information on it over the web.

No one even knows what kind of clone it is. Here is what I've thought this week; Wednesday: The R4i Gold was an R4 clone; Thursday: The R4i Gold is an Acekard clone; Friday: The R4i Gold is a TTDS clone. I really don't want to know what clone it'll be tommorow LOL

I'm starting to think it's a geniune piece of crap. That's the only thing that makes sense at the moment for me.

Realy pitty too, as it has no troubles at all working on a recently updated DSi XL console. If only the people behind it could give it more support.

I really wish there was some miracle that would allow this R4i Gold to run Wood R4. If it could, it'd be the best Flashcart ever made.

QUOTE(exangel @ Apr 30 2010, 10:59 PM) Edit- Additional thoughts:
But would it matter as much anyway if 1.5.1 could be running on this card, because the most recent official firmware (1.31) came out a month after that release and might have a greater number of compatible games(?)
That does raise a good point. The only reason I wanted to see if the hacked AKAIO firmware would work is just to see what type of clone this flashcart really is. Not to mention, I have a little feeling the older AKAIO firmware would probably still have better results than the v1.31 firmware.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raysie1 said:
I really wish there was some miracle that would allow this R4i Gold to run Wood R4. If it could, it'd be the best Flashcart ever made.

While we're making wishes, I wish my iPlayer would support NDS backups.
happy.gif

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
exangel said:
Raysie1 said:

While we're making wishes, I wish my iPlayer would support NDS backups.
happy.gif
Hehe. I've thought about getting the iPlayer for it's media player capabilities. But I personally don't mind .dpg video files playing on moonshell, so iPlayer isn't on my "To-buy" list at the moment.

As I said, I already can play most (If not all) DS roms at the moment with my original R4DS running on Wood R4. I just wanted to be that little more selfish and play them on my large DSi XL screen. So in reality, I can't complain much. It's only literally 10 or so games I'm really missing out on with the R4i Gold anyway.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have a perfectly good Acekard 2i now which is another reason I've given up my quest for alternative firmware on the R4i Gold (r4ids).

I still use my R4i Gold for homebrew on a secondary microSD because things seem to work just fine.
I really like to keep my Acekard's MicroSD organized and the homebrews I've messed with have subdirectories and such and I don't like that so much on my Acekard 2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up