Need a Header info editing tool

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by twiztidsinz, Apr 12, 2010.

1. twiztidsinz
    OP

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    I'm looking for a tool to edit the header info of homebrew and "homebrew" apps.
    Specifically, GBASwitch and R4li (hence the "homebrew").

There was a tool I use to use (on Ragnarok DS) that had a really simple interface and was very easy to use, but I can't remember what it was called.

I tried NDS Header Tool 2.0 last night, but no matter what, it complained that it needed a 32x32 image with 16 colors... even if my image was 32x32 with 16 colors.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=52356 // http://filetrip.net/f572-NDSHeader-2-0.html

DSBuff also gave me the same problems.

2. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

GBAtemp Patron
    jurassicplayer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Lol, I was also looking for something that could do the exact thing that you were talking about. Apart from finding NDS Header Tool, DSBuff, and RomeR, I couldn't find anything else that I understood. There was a post about conware's iconart (I think it was conware...) giving out the correct format and another one about crystile2 or something...but I couldn't install the iconart program and the crystile thing made no sense xD.

After a while I just gave up and started using the cruddy stuff given out from paint when it saves it again...thinking back now, I could have tried saving an image as 16color first and then edit the image...I must try that later....

3. twiztidsinz
    OP

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    ROMER! That's it!!

Thanks jurassic [​IMG]

Here are the apps with icons:

[​IMG] GBASwitch by ryanfb

[​IMG] R4 i.L.S
    Revolution for i.L.S

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice