Hardware Need a 3ds xl stand. Any suggestions?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have some mad woodworking skillz and can build your own or something, I think you're SOL.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a finger stylus, you hold the system with both hands controlling your aim with your right hand thumb, I've already tipped lots of tempers about it and it's by far the preferred way to play KI:U.http://dx.com/p/finger-stylus-for-ds-dsl-dsi-ndsi-ll-black-33314
Seriously ask other players on the forum, personally I can't imagine playing the game without it for longer sessions.

The stand is pretty shitty.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a finger stylus, you hold the system with both hands controlling your aim with your right hand thumb, I've already tipped lots of tempers about it and it's by far the preferred way to play KI:U.http://dx.com/p/finger-stylus-for-ds-dsl-dsi-ndsi-ll-black-33314
Seriously ask other players on the forum, personally I can't imagine playing the game without it for longer sessions.

Huh, I wonder how that version compares with the one that came with the original DS.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I wonder how that version compares with the one that came with the original DS.
From my experience, it's loads better because there's actually a point on it, instead of just a "flat" edge.

That said, using the stylus itself is the most accurate way to play. It took me like 10 months to get used to it, but now I use the stylus regularly, and I noticed a huge boost in my performance over using any thumb stylus.

That said, if it's just flat-out uncomfy for you, then I suppose there's not much you can do. It all depends on the size and strength and shape of your hands.

Anyway, as for the OP's question, I can't think of any solution. I use my stand for my XL, but only for display purposes, not to play any games. :\

Reactions: Eerpow

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
As xwatchmanx said the strap thing was bad, the strap itself got in the way and you didn't get much reach or precision without the pointy tip like the fingerstylus or a regular stylus has.

I agree that the stylus is slightly better, but not if I wanted to play really comfy or when I'm not playing at home.

These are the settings I use:
Sensitivity almost max
Attack with L
Power selection with up and left on the d-pad (faster to use than left/right)
Use powers by pressing R

It's only a dollar anyway, give it a try.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Binder Clips :)
No... the point is to have the system elevated on a stand with rubber feet for stability, otherwise he could just play it on the table just like it is.
Another thing I would be worried about is scratching the paint off system by doing that, the KI stand is rubber padded.

Lastly he said he wanted a stand big enough for the XL and that binder clip stand looks flimsy as hell, barely usable for an iPhone even.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As xwatchmanx said the strap thing was bad, the strap itself got in the way and you didn't get much reach or precision without the pointy tip like the fingerstylus or a regular stylus has.

I agree that the stylus is slightly better, but not if I wanted to play really comfy or when I'm not playing at home.

These are the settings I use:
Sensitivity almost max
Attack with L
Power selection with up and left on the d-pad (faster to use than left/right)
Use powers by pressing R

It's only a dollar anyway, give it a try.
Up and left? Interesting... I always used left and right. Is it really that much faster? Doesn't really matter to me anymore, since I now use the touchscreen (since I use the actual stylus), but I'm curious.

But if the OP is interested, when I used a thumb stylus, this was my setup...

-Sensitivity on everything to the max
-L trigger to fire (duh)
-left and right on dpad to select powers
-R trigger to use powers (or "special attacks" during flight segments)
-Up on dpad to zoom in for sniping (though I never used it that much anyway, I find it a bit more responsive and less fickle than double-tapping the touchscreen often is)
-Touchscreen to aim (naw, really?)
-circle pad to move (naw, really?)

When using the regular stylus, my setup is the exact same, except I use the touch screen for power/special attack use and selection.

PS: Idk if I mentioned this before, but the thumb stylus set up is what I used exclusively on my original 3DS. I switched to using the regular stylus setup after getting the 3DS XL, because I felt there was more room for precision on the larger touchscreen.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Up and left? Interesting... I always used left and right. Is it really that much faster?
Yes, and surprisingly so too, I don't have to leave the circle pad much or at all this way since I could just press the dpad with the lower section of my thumb and not the tip. Pressing right would require me to put my thumb in another angle completely leaving the circle pad.

I got an XL too now btw, couldn't pass up on the great deal I got on Amazon UK. New system bundled with a free game of your choice, free shipping and finally a free game from Nintendo for the new year. It ended up being cheaper than what people in the US has to pay for the same items.
Still got my original too.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...