near flawless snes emulation never?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by thebestdogs, Jul 17, 2016.

1. thebestdogs
    OP

thebestdogs Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2015
    United States
    With new 3ds on luma 11.0 I get jittery scrolling on catsfc and slowdown on pocketsnes. Blargsnes doesn't support 3d mode so it's stuck with the weird scanline effect, and most vc's i've tried don't even run. Each of these emulators seem to be 1 or 2 fixes off from being perfect but none seem to get there after all of this time. Do you notice these problems when you play?

2. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
  3. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    I don't do much SNES emulation.. never was a big fan of the snes (not getting to use one for most of my life takes part of this... same with NES)

4. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    What happens when you try? And what hardware are you running on? The VC is the best way to play SNES games on 3DS, so you should persevere with it.

5. thebestdogs
    OP

thebestdogs Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2015
    United States
    I usually get a hang up or a crash when starting one on n3ds with a9hl. I've never made my own vc cia though. Graphics really look better with 3d enabled even if it's still 2d because it gets rid of the scanline blur. Are vc games still stuck in 2d mode?

6. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    You could try the pocketsnes core in 1.3.3 stable build of retroarch. (That's the latest one without screen tearing problems. And yes, I have seen that you used pocketsnes before.)

Works just fine and it can run most games with little to no fps drops. The only problems I've found is a couple of games don't like save states like Super Mario RPG, and Mario Paint obviously doesn't work. This would be my recommended emulator to use.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Jul 17, 2016
  7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Near flawless? Hmmm Good question :unsure:
    SNES9X On everything from PC to android To Consoles that have homebrew....
    Oh right you mean for nintendo 3ds. Oh i know. Virtual console seem to work well but only for New 3ds sadly :(
    Well umm I am out of ideas, Sorry i just use snes9x on whatever supports it like android, works great by the way, No problem on any game. SO GODLIKE! :creep:

8. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    That's not normal. Do you get an error? And are you on sysnand or emunand, and what version?

9. thebestdogs
    OP

thebestdogs Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2015
    United States
    Sysnand 11.0. I just tried two different virtual console injections of the same game and both ran but were in slow motion.

10. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Have you tried official VC games?

11. Charganium

Charganium Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Go to Luma config and enable clock+L2