Homebrew near flawless snes emulation never?

thebestdogs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With new 3ds on luma 11.0 I get jittery scrolling on catsfc and slowdown on pocketsnes. Blargsnes doesn't support 3d mode so it's stuck with the weird scanline effect, and most vc's i've tried don't even run. Each of these emulators seem to be 1 or 2 fixes off from being perfect but none seem to get there after all of this time. Do you notice these problems when you play?

thebestdogs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you try? And what hardware are you running on? The VC is the best way to play SNES games on 3DS, so you should persevere with it.
I usually get a hang up or a crash when starting one on n3ds with a9hl. I've never made my own vc cia though. Graphics really look better with 3d enabled even if it's still 2d because it gets rid of the scanline blur. Are vc games still stuck in 2d mode?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You could try the pocketsnes core in 1.3.3 stable build of retroarch. (That's the latest one without screen tearing problems. And yes, I have seen that you used pocketsnes before.)

Works just fine and it can run most games with little to no fps drops. The only problems I've found is a couple of games don't like save states like Super Mario RPG, and Mario Paint obviously doesn't work. This would be my recommended emulator to use.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Near flawless? Hmmm Good question :unsure:
SNES9X On everything from PC to android To Consoles that have homebrew....
Oh right you mean for nintendo 3ds. Oh i know. Virtual console seem to work well but only for New 3ds sadly :(
Well umm I am out of ideas, Sorry i just use snes9x on whatever supports it like android, works great by the way, No problem on any game. SO GODLIKE! :creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there