ROM Hack NDStool-like app ???

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
just wondering, i've been looking everywhere and it seem there's no app that can work like ndstool, extracting teh whole rom and re-pack it (i mean all, including arm9.bin, arm7.bin, overlay, etc).
i'm looking for an app like this coz i had some problem with re-packing a game, tales of innocence to be exact.
i've tried every version of ndstool i can get on the net, but no luck, the modified rom always freeze, hang just before the intro movie playing.
never had this kind of problem with other rom.

thankz in advance.

note : dslazy and dsbuff are not the one i'm looking for, since those are just gui wrapper for ndstool.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Some roms need the file id's to stay the same, ndstool doesnt handle this and neither do any other nds unpackers I've seen, you'll have to use nitroexplorer2 and insert the modified files one by one. Although i could be entirely wrong about this as i haven't done too much nds rom hacking lately.

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i've usually use nitroexplorer too, but the thing with nitro explorer is, i can't insert arm9.bin (and i need to replace this file)
by the way, you said nitroexplorer 2, is there a new version, since i only had 1.2 and only find that version on the net

edit : just found ver 2, but still in beta stage. i'll look into it, i hope it can deal with arm9 binary replacement
thankz for the info

another edit :
nevemrind, finally got it to work, using latest ndstool. well, work in emulator at least, haven't tried on real ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast