Hacking NDSTokyoTrim - batch trimmer with wifi detection

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't know if it was already reported, but SRAM patch doesn't work in Mario Kart Super Circuit (U) here, but gbata patched it correctly.

eadmaster

Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
what about making the main window resizeable?
I can't read full filenames if the pathname is too long...
wacko.gif

ndsttto7.png

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
I will add a button to dettach the list to another resizable window which also includes normal scrollbars. The limitation in the current window is to keep the background theme adjusted.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be broken (or so incredibly slow that I bailed first) under Ubuntu 8.04 + wine v. 1.1.2, likely a wine bug (or maybe kernel) as it had been working before I upgraded everything from 7.10 + wine v1.0. Time to poke around appdb again I suppose...

[EDIT]
Q&D fix use winecfg to set any sort of virtual desktop emulation which seems to fix any problems with actually being able to run and use NDSTokyoTrim in this case. (Set windows emulation mode to XP, but I doubt that that has any effect as that is the default emulation mode now IIRC.)
[/EDIT]

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YOU'RE THE BEST TRIMMER EVAR!

(Off topic, although this trimmer seem to have gone off chart and BrianTokyo has not updated in a while nor has he visited the site I am going to make a donation to him for the project soon)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I have noticed some GBA games can't be trimmed by your trimmer, such as Sword of Mana (7F1EAC75), Riviera (4FB6958D) and the Capcom Classics Collection (0BB2D391). They all seem to have repeating junk patterns at the end instead of the normal 0x00 or 0xff. Is there any way you could update your trimmer to handle those kind of GBA games, assuming they can safely be trimmed?

MalayZN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
few quick questions
does this trimmer keep all the important stuff? such as movie / cutscenes etc? and just takes out the padding?
and does this improve load time since the file in smaller?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MalayZN said:
few quick questions
does this trimmer keep all the important stuff? such as movie / cutscenes etc? and just takes out the padding?
and does this improve load time since the file in smaller?

Basically it just saves space on your flashcard. It will NOT remove cutscenes or WiFi data or anything like that. Yes, it just takes out the padding. I have NEVER had a game fail using this trimmer. As for whether games load faster after trimming.....I doubt it since the padded space isn't used by the game anyway, so it's never looking at it.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
nl255 said:
I have noticed some GBA games can't be trimmed by your trimmer, such as Sword of Mana (7F1EAC75), Riviera (4FB6958D) and the Capcom Classics Collection (0BB2D391). They all seem to have repeating junk patterns at the end instead of the normal 0x00 or 0xff. Is there any way you could update your trimmer to handle those kind of GBA games, assuming they can safely be trimmed?

Do you remember if you enabled the SRAM patching option?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BrianTokyo said:
nl255 said:

Do you remember if you enabled the SRAM patching option?
nl255 is essentially asking if you can trim unused space from the middle of a rom. Those games have a good amount of blank space in them, but it's not right at the end of the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU