^^ndstitle-1237^^

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the reviews of this one, and it dosn't seem to hot. Will wait for some user reviews here before I go out to pick it up
smile.gif

I only have about 2 hours on the game so far but I really like it. It is (so far) a cute, light hearted RPG with a nice visual style. (except for the crazy big hat)

i'm stucked in a part... can u help??

its the place right when the rocket crashes... how i pass the gate?

go north to the part with the wind where it doesn't let u go any farther, and open up ur bag in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and select the wind power

apofaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i like it! the video sequence after about 20min. of playing is amazing!
contact really gets on my nerves so I think i'll stick to this one.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does WiFi work on this game? I'm trying to figure this out but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't see a way to add friends codes so I assume that joining online doesn't have anything to do with Friends Codes at all (I can't find one for me either). I'm thinking that since the game isn't released until tomorrow maybe WiFi just hasn't been turned on yet?

jhoff80, thanks, I was trying to figure this out as well. I think I managed to get the defense timing tap right though.

This game is more fun than CoM right now.

My DS wishlist is getting progressively smaller. It only has four games left on it now (Castelvania, FF3, Zelda and Lunar Knights).

king_j1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im still baffled about the tag mode, is it wifi or not?! i know that the amigo mode(6 multi in dungeons) isn't, which is a bit disappointing, i think that they wanted it to be at first, but didn't have the time to implement it.

zanysmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried Contact, Children of Mana (CoM) and Magical Starsign.

IMO, Magical Starsign is the best one. I played like 3 hours of each game and MS is really fun. In fact, everything is pleasant in this game.

About CoM, I disliked the 'diablo-like' style mainly because the levels are being created randomly and that sux!
mad.gif
You keep pressing the 'A' button until everything died... Oh, and sometimes you press 'B' to cast spell or 'X' to perform a 'rotating' attack. That's sad they did not use some more zelda concept here, the gfx are nice...

3 things I'd have liked in CoM :
a) no random levels but big 'real' maps.
b) use of 'story characters' inside dungeons to break the repetiveness of combats.
c) 'zelda-like' puzzles/areas/items.

About Contact, I like it but from what i've seen, MS is better. Dunno why yet... Just a feeling. I need to give more time to Contact. But anyway, Contact is also a good game.

Hope this post will be usefull.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Someone should remove the WiFi-Logo from the boxart in the 1st post, we just realised that it isn't online:

[24.10.2006 21:52:27] Starsign got wifi scrapped
[24.10.2006 21:53:11] The boxart of Starsign still has the WiFi-Logo.

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it just me or is this game just way too easy and seemingly short?

I've played 8 hours and come across no difficult areas. Always no exactly where to go and flying through each section after 3-4 fights and then a boss.

Don't get me wrong I like this game a lot. Visually stunning, mechanics & gameplay are so comfortable to play with makes it so much fun.

I just wish the difficulty was bumped a notch or two.

Anyone else think its real easy and short?

bionicspider

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this game is way too easy. I don' t like my RPGs impossible--think Phantasy Star II on Genesis--but this game's difficulty level is in the negatives.

As if each dungeon or underground enclave wasn't easy enough to navigate by just following the path in front of you, the top screen can display a map outlining every room. I've managed to obtain all 6 members of my party, but I still don't know what it's like to die in this game.

For a game that uses spells as its chief means of attack, the spells thus far aren't particularly spellbinding, and there doesn't seem to be enough of them.

I like the game, though; it's a nice first attempt at hopefully a long line of RPG titles for the DS.

sandreezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know.

ive been stuck on mana and contact. i played up to the second rocket ship, and where there was a turbo charged knuckle robot.

one thing i gotta say is....

why didnt i fight the damn robot!!!

it sorta just, kicked me to a jail sequence. after that i just went back to the other games.

zanysmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone has finished the Gren planet (wood planet) ?
=> I need help.

The 2 girls + dad are gone in the forest but the salamander "passage" is still closed... I can't access the exit ladder...
cry.gif

What do i have to perform next ?
Thanks by advance.

edit: ok i got it, i needed to find a guy in the forest...

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone knows what i should do next?
I just finished the wood planet, Pico (the fire mage) is now in my party, Sorbet just flew in a flying boat, i'm back to my rocket ship with no idea where to go.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, this game is way too easy. I don' t like my RPGs impossible--think Phantasy Star II on Genesis--but this game's difficulty level is in the negatives.

I've yet to find an RPG that's hard once you're at the right level apart from Monster Hunter Freedom and the latest Ys series on Nightmare Mode.

Someone should remove the WiFi-Logo from the boxart in the 1st post, we just realised that it isn't online:

[24.10.2006 21:52:27] Starsign got wifi scrapped
[24.10.2006 21:53:11] The boxart of Starsign still has the WiFi-Logo.

zanysmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone knows what i should do next?
I just finished the wood planet, Pico (the fire mage) is now in my party, Sorbet just flew in a flying boat, i'm back to my rocket ship with no idea where to go.

Answer's here :

go to the cassia (planet of water) and talk with the dwarf (not far from your ship), he'll tell you about an item you need for the ship... story continues here!
biggrin.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the heads up zanysmash, although i did find it out something like 2 hour before you posted. I'm sure it will help other, already find a guy who was asking the same thing on the gamefaq board. That damn planet was the last one i tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo