^^ndstitle-1188^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Easily the best game yet, at least from what I've played. Turning off the Y inverse makes it easier. Using the stylus to play is impossible, it moves way too slow and there's no way to change the inverse shit on it. I don't like games where Up=down and vice versa, it's annoying.

Edit: Forgot to mention the game uses the AB/XY buttons to view.

what, you don't play flight sims\games? i used to prefer inverted controls for most games, but now i prefer normal for all(except flight games).

I play flight sims, this isn't a flight sim. Up = up... Flight sims are the only games where Up = Down, because it mimics real life. It's a great game but it's super tough.

Inverted mimics real life in FPS games as far as I'm concerned. You tilt your head back to look up, you move your mouse back to look up. You tilt your head forward to look down, you move your mouse forward to look down.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Easily the best game yet, at least from what I've played. Turning off the Y inverse makes it easier. Using the stylus to play is impossible, it moves way too slow and there's no way to change the inverse shit on it. I don't like games where Up=down and vice versa, it's annoying.

Edit: Forgot to mention the game uses the AB/XY buttons to view.

what, you don't play flight sims\games? i used to prefer inverted controls for most games, but now i prefer normal for all(except flight games).

I play flight sims, this isn't a flight sim. Up = up... Flight sims are the only games where Up = Down, because it mimics real life. It's a great game but it's super tough.

Inverted mimics real life in FPS games as far as I'm concerned. You tilt your head back to look up, you move your mouse back to look up. You tilt your head forward to look down, you move your mouse forward to look down.

I think I'm going to vomit.

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Already finished. It was fine and dandy, tho I never played Xbox Mechassault series, only Mechwarriors on PC back in the days.
I didn't have problems with the controls, and if you think about it, a 30-100ton mech shouldn't aim as fast as Samus turns her head
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I would be VERY sad if I'd have bought this game, as the story mode was incredibly short and easy. Should've included WiFi or at least some Instant Action mode...

jlo mein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should've included WiFi or at least some Instant Action mode...

Lack of Instant Action mode is definitely a downer. I was trying to find it yesterday, but could not. I was wanting to try out the mech action without getting into the campaign.

This is kinda sad as there will be no easy on the go instant mech action, only the campaign mode, or a friend for multiplayer if you're lucky.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Already finished. It was fine and dandy, tho I never played Xbox Mechassault series, only Mechwarriors on PC back in the days.
I didn't have problems with the controls, and if you think about it, a 30-100ton mech shouldn't aim as fast as Samus turns her head
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I would be VERY sad if I'd have bought this game, as the story mode was incredibly short and easy. Should've included WiFi or at least some Instant Action mode...

How many missions? I can't get past Up In Flames :'(

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
this is a decent game. blow stuff up lotta fun drivin those mechs! but it really needed WIFI connection to last.
like kitehimuro said, the thing really does aim slowly, but a 100ton mech should

working with supercardSD/superkey patch ON

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I played about an hour of it, and it's pretty boring so far.
I'm not really impressed by the graphics, but they're not ugly. The voice acting is really neat, and more DS games should have that. The music is forgettable. The gameplay is where it hurts. Getting used to the controls is not too hard, but in some thick situations it really sucks.
There are many many many enemies, the downside is, there are very few variations. Shoot thing until it dies.
Mini-games are an occasional "vacation" you can take during the real deal, that's why it's nice to have them in RPG's or so.
In this game, you hack into machines and computers by playing really, really, really terrible mini-games you have to use your stylus with. Believe me, it won't work with your fingers as in castlevania, for example. You have to catch and drag some symbols that are falling across the screen pretty fast, to the location displayed on the top screen. It's really annoying, especially in a fucking shmup.

Anyway, this isn't worth money to me. I'm not a die-hard fan of mech games, but this is really not going to get more gamers into that genre. "Rent" before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw