^^ndstitle-1180^^

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After taking a look at the rom.. i found out that capcom people DID indeed get lazy.. all the japanese files are still in there.. =\ like wtf.

But the Megaman ZX ROM is smaller (when zipped) than the Rockman ZX ROM... are the files still there but replaced by silence or something?

Well hopefully someone talented like Fast will create a nifty patch to get jap voices!Â
wub.gif

If you check out Fast's tut, you can see how to do it yourself. It's not hard as it's simple file replacement.
Again, where is Fast's tutorial that you speak of? Does anyone know?

zoharmodifier

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But the Megaman ZX ROM is smaller (when zipped) than the Rockman ZX ROM... are the files still there but replaced by silence or something?

all of the voice files are missing. at least, that's what i assume when i looked into the "vx" directory on the ROM. the JP version has hundreds of files in that directory, while the US version has like... 10. or something close to that.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit man. In my day our Megaman didn't have anime cutscenes and japanese voiceovers and we liked it! We thanked the heavens when we died 87 times in just the first screen! We didn't need a mega z flame sword x buster extreme zx 3rd edition, just a standard shot would do it!
*storms off mumbling about snow and uphill both ways*

tongue.gif
wink.gif

zoharmodifier

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dammit man. In my day our Megaman didn't have anime cutscenes and japanese voiceovers and we liked it! We thanked the heavens when we died 87 times in just the first screen! We didn't need a mega z flame sword x buster extreme zx 3rd edition, just a standard shot would do it!
*storms off mumbling about snow and uphill both ways*

tongue.gif
wink.gif

in all fairness, the gameplay IS exactly the same, so you'd think people wouldn't be complaining.

BUT, this is not about gameplay. it's about getting what "everyone else" (i.e. Japan) is getting. consumers want everything that they should be getting, even if it's like... an extra toothbrush or something. (ok, let's pretend piraters are consumers too) so on that note... GIVE US OUR JAPANESE VOICEOVERS AND MOVIES!
biggrin.gif

Prince Medion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With G6 lite and Passcard, running in safe mode without trim works and saves correctly even after turning off the system power and removing both G6 lite cart and Passcard.

Hope that helps some people.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
With all of the complaints I hope a fan takes the US version and mixes it with the Japanese one so we can enjoy the way the game is supposed to be played.

I'll wait for an M3 fix before trying it.

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
With G6 lite and Passcard, running in safe mode without trim works and saves correctly even after turning off the system power and removing both G6 lite cart and Passcard.

You sure about that man ? Do you have the latest drivers ? (v4.3b)

I've tried it in safe mode/no trim and it didnèt save

HandheldFrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You sure about that man ? Do you have the latest drivers ? (v4.3b)

I've tried it in safe mode/no trim and it didnèt save

I also tried this two times, both time beating the boss and saving. I could start+select and go to main screen and load save but when I powered off and powered back on my save was gone. Sneaky save data!
ph34r.gif

This and lego star wars, I feel like I'm missing out.

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saving for me on my G6 Lite either.

Not that concerned because I pick it up tomorrow at EB, but still, G6 needs to fix this soon.

D

Deleted User

Seems to save perfectly on my Supercard SD/SuperKey combo. I took the cartridge and the SD card out as well just to check. Still saved.
smile.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The G6 had the same save issues when the japanese version came out. Just wait for a new UDisk Manager to come out (4.3c). I believe it was out within 2-3 days time after the Japanese version was dumped.

TripleA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing this when the game all of a sudden it froze and i got a supercard error saying that its not real supercard (i know its real everything matches real 1) now my ds cant see my supercard
frown.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn i didn't know this game way this gay, and what is the reason for taking out stuff like the games voice's anyway. Without any voice this game might as well be a gba game, but this is the reason you never buy american games from japan cause they always mess it up. The only good thing is when the english version of this game comes out soon it will be just like the japanesse version, because the two countries share the same principles when it comes to importing things like this keepin everything intact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night