^^ndstitle-1060^^

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The exercises should be the same and looking at Gameplay.com, it should also have the extra Sudoku game too.
My question is, does this version have the same "puzzles" as the US release? The US and Japanese releases had completely different puzzles, and (IMO) the Japanese ones were much, much better (and more difficult).
Hmmm, the puzzles in the Japanese version were harder? Brain Age has the same puzzles as the original Japanese version, Nou o Kitaeru Otona DS Training so they can't be. Only difference is, the US version has Sudoku as an extra.

Exercises for the first game are:

- 20 simple arithmetics.
- 100 simple arithmetics.
- Read aloud.
- Low to high.
- Syllable count.
- Head count.
- Pyramid Maths
- Tell the time.
- Say the answer to simple sums.

They can be seen here.

I think you're confusing it with the second Japanese Brain Age game, Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training. Some of the puzzles are clearly aimed towards the Japanese only such as knowing a bunch of 4 Kanji idioms. It contains:

- Vocabulary Test (write the Kana you see in Kanji form).
- Fill in the correct arithmetical sign for some simple sums.
- Hit the displayed musical notes.
- Write out the 3 syllable words you hear.
- Combine Kanji test.
- Sums memory test.
- Reading memory.
- Test based on the date.
- Japanese idioms test.
- Calculate the change you need to pay back.
- How high a "Tetris" game has built up.
- Touch a number of people in order.
- Tell the time.
- Spell out English words letter by letter.

Actual screenshots can be seen on the official site here.

Anyway, I'm still wondering how this game will do in the UK or Europe... Will it receive the same success as in the US? Also wondering if they'll port the second game over. Even though a few of the exercises are Japanese only, there's still going to be a lot to do if they just take those out.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have a bit of trouble with "Bleu", you just can't mumble it as easily as "jaune", "noir", or "rouge", but other than that, it's all good!
happy.gif

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think you're confusing it with the second Japanese Brain Age game, Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training. Some of the puzzles are clearly aimed towards the Japanese only such as knowing a bunch of 4 Kanji idioms.
Yes, that's the one. I didn't realize there were two versions in Japan. I just saw the one at the time and bought it for my wife. She loved it. I watched her play, but I don't know enough Japanese to do most of the language-based puzzles myself. The rest of the puzzles were far better than most of the stuff in the other version, at least IMO. They really made you think. Plus, the Dr. Mario was awesome. Quite difficult though, as you have to manipulate multiple pills simultaneously.

Hopefully we'll get an English version of the other Brain Age game. Then at least I could play it too.
tongue.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't realize there were two versions in Japan. I just saw the one at the time and bought it for my wife. She loved it. I watched her play, but I don't know enough Japanese to do most of the language-based puzzles myself. The rest of the puzzles were far better than most of the stuff in the other version, at least IMO. They really made you think. Plus, the Dr. Mario was awesome. Quite difficult though, as you have to manipulate multiple pills simultaneously.

Hopefully we'll get an English version of the other Brain Age game. Then at least I could play it too.
tongue.gif
Yes, the second game's exercises seem more challenging. Especially the Kanji ones... Reading Kanji is one thing, writing them is a whole different matter
laugh.gif

For some reason though, the game doesn't recognise the number '7' when I write it. Kanji recognition also seems to be fairly inaccurate too. I find myself spending quite a bit of time trying to get the NDS to recognise the 18+ stroke characters.

I hope they port it to the West too because then everyone else and my brothers can enjoy it. Obviously they won't be able to translate the Kanji exercises but, they can probably replace those with something similar to the show Countdown where you have to guess the word from the letters that are given.

The US version of the first game got released around 6 months after the Japanese release so, maybe they'll announce the second game sometime towards Christmas. I'm sure they'll have to spend a lot more time porting the second game though, since they'll have to figure out what to do with the Kanji exercises.

gbtemp111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a bit of trouble with "Bleu", you just can't mumble it as easily as "jaune", "noir", or "rouge", but other than that, it's all good!
happy.gif

blue is the worst for voice pickup! you have to say it very clearly..

^^^hey, i think the game has trouble picking up your "7" because you don't write it in one stroke. whenever i write in one stroke, no matter how sloppy, it picks it up well

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
Ive been doing the exercises since the US version appeared. I just tried spanish and finally Im getting Spaceship in fast reading. It still have some probs recognizing "Azul" (Blue). Dilemma: Keep the US version or start my own language version? Or maybe both? US version Brain Age 28...my age actually.

Peace
The problem with "Azul" is the pronunciation... remember "z" sounds different in Latin America (a sound like "ss", as for 'sad') than Spain (it sounds like "th", as for 'think'). Try using real sound... maybe it will be a bit weird for you, but it works
wink.gif

A curious thing: I had USA brain training demo, and it had a problem recognizing "blue"... from me! my mother tried it, and always worked for her!
blink.gif

happytom

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when i'm testing my age again, brain age comes up with a test to memorize 30 words or something like that.
after looking a few minutes on the words i have to write them down.

i tested the us version and the recognition of my handwriting worked like a charm, but in the german version it's a
mess ... to double check i made my girlfriend try the test, but brain age didn't like her writing neither.

is it broken in the game or is it a issue with release ?

Goul

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I inserted Dr Kawashima's Brain Training in my EZ flash 2, worked one time, i shut down the console and it didn't worked again.
I've inserted others roms and now, no one works. When in start the console, it only appear 2 white screens. I'm using EZ Client 3.26.

I have to insert the .sav file again in my ez flash in order for the game to work again. But, regularly, i start the console and appears the white screens.

Is that normal?

D

Deleted User

when i'm testing my age again, brain age comes up with a test to memorize 30 words or something like that.
after looking a few minutes on the words i have to write them down.

i tested the us version and the recognition of my handwriting worked like a charm, but in the german version it's a
mess ... to double check i made my girlfriend try the test, but brain age didn't like her writing neither.

is it broken in the game or is it a issue with release ?
i suppose it's the game since i own the actual cartridge (german/pal that is) and it doesn't like my handwriting either ... i didn't test the us version though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo